Bluetooth settings window opening

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Every time I want to turn on Bluetooth and connect to my headset or car I get a stupid pop up where I have to choose the device to connect to. Does anyone know how i can just have it connect automatically without having to select something?

Posted via the Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
The pop up, I believe, shows up because you turned BT on and off. But in theory any device you've paired with the phone, as long as you didn't pair with another phone in the meantime, should connect automatically to your phone once the BT connection is detected.

I have no issues with my phone connecting to my car, home stereo or headphones automatically as soon as I turn the audio device on.

k3u

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Every time I want to turn on Bluetooth and connect to my headset or car I get a stupid pop up where I have to choose the device to connect to. Does anyone know how i can just have it connect automatically without having to select something?

Posted via the Android Central App

I know exactly what you're talking about. Every time I go inside my car and turn on my Bluetooth (from the notification menu), it would pop up that annoying box asking me to pair a device however after 5 seconds it will recognize that I am in my car and it will automatically connect to my car however I would have to dismiss it by hitting "Cancel". There's no way around this unfortunately.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I know exactly what you're talking about. Every time I go inside my car and turn on my Bluetooth (from the notification menu), it would pop up that annoying box asking me to pair a device however after 5 seconds it will recognize that I am in my car and it will automatically connect to my car however I would have to dismiss it by hitting "Cancel". There's no way around this unfortunately.

Yes there is... Keep BT on at all times. Honestly, it won't save you that much battery unless you are constantly using it. That window only pops up when you turn BT on.

Dan TheMan86

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
Yes there is... Keep BT on at all times. Honestly, it won't save you that much battery unless you are constantly using it. That window only pops up when you turn BT on.

I find this hard to believe. The phone constantly searching for an open or recognized bluetooth device, doesn't consume much battery??

And on mine I just hit the back button to make the popup go away and it still automatically connects to whatever device I'm trying to connect to. What I find MUCH more annoying is the volume alert popup EVERY FREAKING TIME you hit the volume up rocker on the phone. I haven't found a way around it.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Try it and you'll see. Battery optimization on radios is WAY better than it used to be, so even the BT radio being on all the time won't make that much difference in real-life use (again, unless you're ACTIVELY using it). The window shows up every time you turn BT on to select devices around you, but yeah, any auto-enabled connections will happen with or without that window, which is why if you keep BT on in your phone, it will automatically connect without the window pop up when you turn on your car and are within range or when you turn on your headphones.

The volume warning, yeah, I agree, is annoying, but a valid warning nonetheless. That being said, you only receive it once per reboot. If you don't reboot your phone, the pop up gets dismissed once and it doesn't come back until your next cycling.

k3u

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site

For my own peace of mind, I cannot stand bluetooth or WiFi being turned on haha. But you're right, there really isn't a big power savings in turning BT off.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon