How do I shut off persistent notifications?

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Verizon Galaxy S7 - there are some wicked annoying notifications I just can't seem to shut off.

1. Location Found - this happens at least 10 times every day - no option to shut off in the app notification settings
2. Charging - i know it's charging, i plugged it in

Anyone know if they can be disabled and how?

Thanks!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi there,

Is there any app in particular that's triggering the 'Location Found' notification? If so, first check to see WHY an app has you located 10 times a day (even with Location Tracking active in Google Now I don´t get a single notification on that). The only time I've seen that message is when I try to locate the device either via Google Play Device Manager or the Samsung 'Find My Mobile' site.

As for the Charging notification, nope, no way to get rid of that one.

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Hi there,

Is there any app in particular that's triggering the 'Location Found' notification? If so, first check to see WHY an app has you located 10 times a day (even with Location Tracking active in Google Now I don´t get a single notification on that). The only time I've seen that message is when I try to locate the device either via Google Play Device Manager or the Samsung 'Find My Mobile' site.

As for the Charging notification, nope, no way to get rid of that one.

Thanks. I think it was the dunkin app. Hasn't popped up since I turned off location in the app settings.

Posted via the Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
For location settings, don't use high, if you don't want the location notification... But if you need gps... Then no way around it

PA452

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
I'd like a way to turn off that Games update notification. I don't use it and don't want it. It pops up every now and then asking me to update or postpone until later. I just keep postponing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC