Silent/vibrate only without unlocking phone?

Dan TheMan86

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
A lot of times I need to quickly silence my phone or put it on vibrate while it's in my pocket or on my desk when my boss is around. On my old Lumia 920, this was as easy as hitting the unlock button and then holding down the volume rocker until it went into vibrate mode. I wouldn't even have to swipe the lock screen, meaning I could do this without even looking at the phone. On the S7, when I hit the unlock button and then press either volume rocker, nothing happens unless you actually swipe up on the screen or even worse, enter a password/fingerprint. Is it possible to put the phone into silent mode or vibrate without full unlocking the screen? Is there an app or setting I can use to do this?

justafew

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Turn on your screen and swipe from the top of the screen and your quick settings will slide into view and you can just hit Sound/Vibrate/Silent. You still have to turn on the screen, but you don't have to fully unlock the device.

Dan TheMan86

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
having to look down at the phone and make it obvious I'm turning the ringer off is what I need to avoid. It sucks that every other phone I've had you could put it in vibrate mode by holding down the rocker.

legin111

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
What I do is use easy mute, turn the phone face down or palm swipe and it's muted right away. Try setting, advanced features, easy mute

Posted via the Android Central App with My GS7

John Klug

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
I have Android 5.0.2, and if I swipe from the top when it's locked, nothing happens. sad.png

I use the keylock that came with android.

I can swipe from the bottom right and start the camera when locked.

Personally, I think this feature seems so obvious, how could they not put it in!

And I just tried Easymute, and it doesn't seem to do anything if music isn't playing, and the phone rings, which is what I don't want. And Easymute says nothing about vibrate, probably because it only works with music.

So there is no solution?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linda6969