Samsung Galaxy S7 Scratching Easily

ShanesHouse

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
My sister's S7 has been having horrendous scratching issues lately, which is strange because she takes good care of it. Anyone else been having this happen to them? View attachment 225231

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• IMG_20160420_213247242_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20160420_213247242_HDR.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 204

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I guess that's to be expected when you don't use a case?? Is there no screen protection either? It's those darn "premium" materials. The non-premium material they used on the back of the S5 wouldn't have shown scratches and smudges like that :confused: It really doesn't look like a phone that's been taken care of. Sorry. I'm surprised that the Gorilla glass is so scratched.

DizWhiz

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Is it in a purse with loose diamonds and bags of sand?! Honestly no idea how you can do that to a phone unless you took a metal brush to it.

Make it so.

ShanesHouse

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Her home button started looking like this just a few days after getting it:

Attachments

• 90799.jpg
    90799.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 167

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Her home button started looking like this just a few days after getting it:

Holy crap man. Honestly that doesn't look like being taken care of. Yes it can get scratched but these pictures show a whole new level of scratching. Haven't seen year old S6 phones like this even.

This phone has been abused. For sure.

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Ive had mine since day one and its still pristine. that phone looks like its been kicked around the pavement.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I have one tiny little scratch at the bottom (it was my fault) on the back .. But that is it.

That phone looks like it was placed somewhere it shouldn't have been. It looks like it was tossed in with keys and then punched by the hulk down the street.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I have one tiny little scratch at the bottom (it was my fault) on the back .. But that is it.

That phone looks like it was placed somewhere it shouldn't have been. It looks like it was tossed in with keys and then punched by the hulk down the street.

hqdefault.jpg

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
In all seriousness... looking at those scratches, the phone has been subject to constant, extended exposure to something quite harsh... like in a pocket or bag that had some sand in it, etc. The S7 isn't the most durable of phones, but this isn't just incidental contact.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
In all seriousness... looking at those scratches, the phone has been subject to constant, extended exposure to something quite harsh... like in a pocket or bag that had some sand in it, etc. The S7 isn't the most durable of phones, but this isn't just incidental contact.

Whaaaat? But what about all those "premium" materials it's made of? <g>

This is not even close to casual or normal wear and tear much less a phone that's been well taken care of. This is out and out abuse.

JHStewart1023

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
This looks like it's been through hell and back- this is abuse and sorta makes me sad. This is why you buy a screen protector and a case... man I feel bad for that phone

ShanesHouse

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I feel like her phone has a coating issue, which might make itself prone to scratches. I myself am very likely going to switch from my Moto X Pure Edition to the Galaxy S7 Edge soon, so I hope this doesn't happen to me.

Last edited:

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
So you feel like the phone has a "coating" problem on both the screen and the body of the camera? Have you taken it to your carrier's store and asked them what they think? I just read an article about an S5 (with NON-premium plastic housing :p) that had gotten lost OUTSIDE for 17 months and then found by the owner. It was in the dirt, had been thru rain, snow, freezing temps, heat. It looked 100x better than your sister's phone that's been taken care of. BTW, it still worked! I'm about to think this is a troll thread.