Camera images darker than when being taken

jimmymcmahon

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Hi all,

Just received my Galaxy S7 yesterday and have taken a few shots with the camera. I am noticing that when I am in the camera app and about to take a shot, the scene looks nice and bright however when I take the shot, the resulting picture looks "darker" than what I was just seeing before I took the shot. Is some kind of auto processing / editing of the image taking place after taking the photo ?

Apologies if this is as expected (this is my first samsung phone in many years)

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Are these low light shots, I've just tested in low light and what I am seeing is when I go to gallery to view the photos they are darker because the screen is set dimmer with auto screen brightness.
If I set the screen brighter then it resembles how I took the photo.
I don't think this is how it was before the last update but didn't take much notice.
Edit. I've noticed when the camera is selected it definitely brightens the screen.

jimmymcmahon

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Are these low light shots, I've just tested in low light and what I am seeing is when I go to gallery to view the photos they are darker because the screen is set dimmer with auto screen brightness.
If I set the screen brighter then it resembles how I took the photo.
I don't think this is how it was before the last update but didn't take much notice.
Edit. I've noticed when the camera is selected it definitely brightens the screen.

Hi mate. Thank you for the response. After posting this I did notice the error of my ways as I altered the brightness slider and noticed the camera view and the photo I had taken were a similar brightness. It does indeed work how you have described. It did not originally cross my mind that it could be related to screen brightness as I have just switched over from an iPhone which I believe keeps the same global brightness for the camera view and subsequent photo view, so I was not expecting the discrepancy on the s7.

At least I now known it is not being caused by a faulty handset haha.

Thanks again.

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
It's ok, I had a WTF moment when I checked on my phone. Took me a while to figure out what was going on.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463