I just got the new S7. i love it. but i am finding that i am getting sound notifications for everything. On my old S5 i got a popup notification for an instagram like but no sound. Now on the S7 it seems that i get a sound notification as well.

I want to know if there is a way to turn off sound notifications for certain apps, but keep their popup notification. I tried Settings > Notifications...but does that turn off all notifications for the app (ie pop up) or just the sound?

I want my S7 to make pop up notifications without sound. How can i do that?
    04-23-2016 10:00 AM
    Go into the notification settings for each individual app.

Posted via the Android Central App using my badass Galaxy S7
    04-23-2016 11:23 AM
    Go into the notification settings for each individual app.

Posted via the Android Central App using my badass Galaxy S7
    Hey, I have the same problem, but no, this doesn't work at all. In the notifications list for individual apps, you can only turn the notification on or off entirely, you can't choose "no sound but pop up yes"
    09-10-2016 05:36 AM
    Hey, I have the same problem, but no, this doesn't work at all. In the notifications list for individual apps, you can only turn the notification on or off entirely, you can't choose "no sound but pop up yes"
    To get to the app notification settings, you open the app, then go to the settings of the app itself. The app's own settings are not in the settings menu of the phone. On the Twitter app for example, you open the app, tap on your profile pic on the upper left, then you will see an option for settings. You can then go to the mobile notifications option and set your ringtone for Twitter. The popup can be controlled by the phone. It won't matter if the app has a notification tone or not.
    Snappy Phoenix likes this.
    09-10-2016 05:50 AM
    I've done this and am still getting a sound every time an email alert pops up
    01-24-2017 06:59 AM
    I know this is an old post. But this might help someone else. I was having the same problem. Recently, I did a factory reset of my phone and notification sounds stated popping up when I listened to music apps. I had changed this before and forgot how this was changed. And many other sites didn't really tell how to stop the notification sounds. What worked for me was to go to: settings>accessibility>notification reminder> then from there, you can pick which apps you want the the notification sounds for and which apps you don't want sound for. And you can change how often you want the reminder interval (1 min., 3 min., 5 min., 10 min, or 15 min.).
    01-05-2018 08:41 AM