New 4 day old S7 - alarm icon won't go away in status bar

Schnitzelman

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Hi All, I think I may have a solution (at least it worked for me, and this has been bugging me for ages).
- I had the standard 'Alarm' widget on my homescreen. When I would click in to edit it, it would only show me one alarm. When I turned that alarm off, the Alarm icon was still showing in the task bar. And even worse, randomly the alarm would go off at 6am some mornings. I checked all possible programs and stopped pretty much every service imaginable in Developer Mode. To no avail.

However, this did work for me:
- I turned off my alarm in the existing widget on my home screen.
- I created a new, second, Alarm widget somewhere else on my home screens. By default it did not have any alarm on (but the task bar icon still was showing at the top that alarm was set).
- I opened the new alarm, and presto magic, it showed me that I have two alarms available to edit. The one 'real' alarm that I wanted (but is turned off), and the hidden/annoying one with no name which is randomly set for 6am.
- Simply clicked the X to delete the 6am one, and the icon in the task bar disapeared.
- Deleted the second Alarm Widget from my home screen... and life is back to normal!

I would consider this a bit of a bug since the original Alarm widget is not showing all the alarm options, but by adding a new/second widget, it seems to load all the alarms and display properly, allowing you to kill the unwanted alarms.

Hope that works for someone else out there.

SylviaQ

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
I somewhat have this problem. Mine is after a phone call or text the alarm icon appears and then disappears after about 30 seconds or so. It never did that before I updated to version 6. I just updated yesterday. Someone suggested that I wipe the system cache clean, I did that and still have that problem. I tried updating all my apps clearing out caches. Again it only happens after a call or text. Help, anyone else with suggestions?

Jim Merrill1

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
I somewhat have this problem. Mine is after a phone call or text the alarm icon appears and then disappears after about 30 seconds or so. It never did that before I updated to version 6. I just updated yesterday. Someone suggested that I wipe the system cache clean, I did that and still have that problem. I tried updating all my apps clearing out caches. Again it only happens after a call or text. Help, anyone else with suggestions?

I have the exact same problem.

Rajeshtech

Oct 13, 2016
Visit site
Alarm icon appear on the top of the screen because of your address book app trying to sync your contacts, messages and some of your data, so to remove the alarm icon just goto settings application Manger show system apps and lookup for address book sync app and address book(example: for AT&T users AT&T address book and sync) on the both apps clear cache, clear data and block notifications.

That's it....

Hannah 90

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem since yesterday, i tried clearing cache and data, tried restarting afterwards, tried setting new alarm and hopefully the wrong alarm will show up, tried clearing cache of every app, nothing worked. I am out of my mind, this is so annoying. Is there any other way?

Sandy Canetti

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Clear the cache, data and force stop the Clock app... restart the phone - tried it two hours ago no longer showing. - Using a Note 5 here.

I tried this and when the phone and tablet restarted, the alarm wasn't there. Then it suddenly came back. I have no alarms set. I rarely even use the clock app. I don't have Tasker installed. I'm at wit's end.

Passiel

Apr 11, 2017
Visit site
Alarm icon appear on the top of the screen because of your address book app trying to sync your contacts, messages and some of your data, so to remove the alarm icon just goto settings application Manger show system apps and lookup for address book sync app and address book(example: for AT&T users AT&T address book and sync) on the both apps clear cache, clear data and block notifications.

That's it....

Thank you! I've been trying to find the answer to this for months! Once I cleared the data for the address book sync the alarm clock went away. I really appreciate this. It was driving me nuts.

JKSponge

May 17, 2016
Visit site
Go to Settings-Applications-Application Manager and look for the Clock App, try clearing cache and data under storage settings.

Clearing data on my Note4, made it go away, but now if I set a new alarm, it comes back, and won't go away when the alarm is done and deleted?

Earthygirl

Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
I just encountered this problem and none of the forums had a solution that worked -- BUT, I did have an "a-ha" moment when someone mentioned having a scheduling app. In my case, it turned out to be caused TimeTune (excellent app, btw).

In TimeTune, I discovered that in Settings, Advanced:"Background Tasks" were set to use "Clock Alarms" (recommended, for reliable notifications, apparently). I changed it to "Weak Alarms" and the clock icon disappeared. Mystery solved! Now I need to see if "Weak Alarms" works reliably; if not, it's back to the annoying alarm icon, I guess -- but at least I know WHY it was there now.

So, if anyone has this seemingly unsolvable issue, check to see if you have any other apps that use reminders or scheduled notifications which are linked to your alarm settings -- it did not show up anywhere in my Clock/Alarm app. Good luck! :)

amazone

May 17, 2017
Visit site
After 2 days of research I finally solved problem. In my case problem was app called 'fabulous' after uninstalling it, alarm icon on status bar dussapiered.
Try to uninstall apps which uses reminders, alarm ect.
Good luck!

Chezzrob

Jan 20, 2018
Visit site
I have the same problem since yesterday, i tried clearing cache and data, tried restarting afterwards, tried setting new alarm and hopefully the wrong alarm will show up, tried clearing cache of every app, nothing worked. I am out of my mind, this is so annoying. Is there any other way?

Yes. This is not a bug but an alarm is set that you cannot find. Open widget screen and look for any clock type widgets. On the s7 it will show the alarm in the widget. Usually thr widget offers two choicez to swipe on to your desktop. 1 is the alarm the other a digital clock. Its most likely there are two clock type apps installed and you have forgotten which one is used. Also apps can set themselves if you put your s7 in your pocket or bag while it is still turned on (active). So remove the clocks from settings and widgets from desktop the rei stall only one of the widgets. Problem solved

Chezzrob

Jan 20, 2018
Visit site
tip on your clock app delete any alarms that you have added that scrolls off the bottom of the screen. Reason I have found that turning on a higher alarm in the list can also turn on a hidden one that has scrolled off the screen.

Akmal57

May 6, 2018
Visit site
Hi. This issue happens to my on my Galaxy A8 2018. I managed to solve this by forcing Google app to stop and disable it (because I don't use it anyway). It seems Google has permission to Clock and Calendar and overwrites whatever our alarm settings.

Peggy Waehlte

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I worked it out for me. I have my phone on "do not disturb" at night. Today in addition I put the icon for the sound on vibrate. That driggered the alarm icon. Once I set the sound icon back to loud the alarm clock disappeared from the menu bar.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer