New 4 day old S7 - alarm icon won't go away in status bar

steensmom

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
Any help would be appreciated and I have not found this issue with this phone on google -ugh

I do not have any alarms set -

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Have you actually turned the alarm off? Open the Clock/Alarm app, go to the Alarms section, and turn off any alarms that have been turned on.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you certain it's the alarm icon from the stock Clock/Alarm app? Could it be a similar-looking icon from a different app? What happens if you set an alarm using the stock Clock/Alarm app--do you see another alarm icon appear next to the one you're talking about?

steensmom

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
It's an alarm clock - when I did set an alarm - this tiny clock showed up - after the alarm went off, it went away, since that - the alarm clock icon pops up every day - I have no alarms set - What would be a similar looking icon that looks like a clock - I don't use my phone a lot, no added aps -I set an alarm and no other icon shows up beside the one that keeps sporadically showing up

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
It's an alarm clock - when I did set an alarm - this tiny clock showed up - after the alarm went off, it went away, since that - the alarm clock icon pops up every day - I have no alarms set - What would be a similar looking icon that looks like a clock - I don't use my phone a lot, no added aps -I set an alarm and no other icon shows up beside the one that keeps sporadically showing up

Go to Settings-Applications-Application Manager and look for the Clock App, try clearing cache and data under storage settings.

steensmom

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
How do you start in safe mode - I'm not ignorant, I just went from having an S4 phone for 4 years with NO problems, to this phone - I'm trying to understand the features and why it's doing this stuff. Thanks

Jonathan Best

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Did you ever get to the bottom of this? I have the same issue.

No alarms are set in the Clock app (only clock app on the phone)

I have an S7 Edge so wondering if its a bug.......

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I had a similar icon, but wasn't an alarm icon at all. In my case, the icon simply means the location is on daylight savings time.

Iain Sinclair1

May 26, 2016
Visit site
I now have the same issue with my S5 . Started 2 days ago. Clearing the cache and data helps then a few minutes later its back.

Similar issue no alarm is set , on 6.0.1 , alarm icon displayed cannot get rid of it
Samsung s6 edge + , have tried clearing cache , force stop , and safe boot still there , also says alarm set for 9am in edge display

Any ideas ?

Last edited by a moderator:

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I noticed the same clock icon in my status bar under Marshmallow. It turned out to be an app called Tasker that I installed which had a setting "Use Reliable Alarms" set to "Always".

scoutvalentine

Jun 14, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone found a resolution to this issue? I too have a clock/alarm icon that has recently showed up in my notification bar and I don't have any alarms set. After the icon showed up, I installed the Clock+ app which has the option to hide the alarm icon but that is not working either.

Rudimyers

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
I just want to add a message that says "me too". I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge. I have been searching on Google for hours and have seen no solution (that works) for getting rid of the alarm clock icon.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I believe you have an app that has triggered an alarm state on your device. I have the app called Tasker on my tablet and I configured the app's settings for "Alarms Reliable?" to "Always" and that caused the constant alarm icon to appear in the notification bar.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc