05-05-2018 10:08 PM
37 12
tools
    Any help would be appreciated and I have not found this issue with this phone on google -ugh

I do not have any alarms set -
    04-26-2016 01:06 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Have you actually turned the alarm off? Open the Clock/Alarm app, go to the Alarms section, and turn off any alarms that have been turned on.
    04-26-2016 02:43 PM
    B. Diddy - =I do not have any alarms set
    04-26-2016 07:14 PM
    Are you certain it's the alarm icon from the stock Clock/Alarm app? Could it be a similar-looking icon from a different app? What happens if you set an alarm using the stock Clock/Alarm app--do you see another alarm icon appear next to the one you're talking about?
    04-26-2016 07:35 PM
    It's an alarm clock - when I did set an alarm - this tiny clock showed up - after the alarm went off, it went away, since that - the alarm clock icon pops up every day - I have no alarms set - What would be a similar looking icon that looks like a clock - I don't use my phone a lot, no added aps -I set an alarm and no other icon shows up beside the one that keeps sporadically showing up
    04-28-2016 12:14 PM
    Try to restart the phone in safe mode to see if you still have the same problem.
    B. Diddy and steensmom like this.
    04-28-2016 05:20 PM
    It's an alarm clock - when I did set an alarm - this tiny clock showed up - after the alarm went off, it went away, since that - the alarm clock icon pops up every day - I have no alarms set - What would be a similar looking icon that looks like a clock - I don't use my phone a lot, no added aps -I set an alarm and no other icon shows up beside the one that keeps sporadically showing up
    Go to Settings-Applications-Application Manager and look for the Clock App, try clearing cache and data under storage settings.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    04-28-2016 06:05 PM
    How do you start in safe mode - I'm not ignorant, I just went from having an S4 phone for 4 years with NO problems, to this phone - I'm trying to understand the features and why it's doing this stuff. Thanks
    04-30-2016 10:40 AM
    Tried this, so I'll see how it works -
    04-30-2016 10:46 AM
    Did you ever get to the bottom of this? I have the same issue.

No alarms are set in the Clock app (only clock app on the phone)

I have an S7 Edge so wondering if its a bug.......
    05-09-2016 07:15 AM
    I now have the same issue with my S5 . Started 2 days ago. Clearing the cache and data helps then a few minutes later its back.
    05-14-2016 07:23 PM
    I had a similar icon, but wasn't an alarm icon at all. In my case, the icon simply means the location is on daylight savings time.
    05-15-2016 05:42 PM
    I now have the same issue with my S5 . Started 2 days ago. Clearing the cache and data helps then a few minutes later its back.
    Similar issue no alarm is set , on 6.0.1 , alarm icon displayed cannot get rid of it
    Samsung s6 edge + , have tried clearing cache , force stop , and safe boot still there , also says alarm set for 9am in edge display

Any ideas ?
    05-25-2016 06:30 PM
    OP, did you check to see if smart stay is turned on? Icon is a clock with an 'eye' lower right.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-25-2016 08:31 PM
    I noticed the same clock icon in my status bar under Marshmallow. It turned out to be an app called Tasker that I installed which had a setting "Use Reliable Alarms" set to "Always".
    05-26-2016 05:12 AM
    Do any of you have the Google clock installed along with the stock clock?
    05-27-2016 05:29 PM
    Have the stock clock and timely alarms neither
    Has alarms set
    05-27-2016 05:38 PM
    Has anyone found a resolution to this issue? I too have a clock/alarm icon that has recently showed up in my notification bar and I don't have any alarms set. After the icon showed up, I installed the Clock+ app which has the option to hide the alarm icon but that is not working either.
    06-14-2016 02:56 PM
    I just want to add a message that says "me too". I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge. I have been searching on Google for hours and have seen no solution (that works) for getting rid of the alarm clock icon.
    08-03-2016 07:31 PM
    I believe you have an app that has triggered an alarm state on your device. I have the app called Tasker on my tablet and I configured the app's settings for "Alarms Reliable?" to "Always" and that caused the constant alarm icon to appear in the notification bar.
    08-04-2016 05:22 AM
    Hi All, I think I may have a solution (at least it worked for me, and this has been bugging me for ages).
    - I had the standard 'Alarm' widget on my homescreen. When I would click in to edit it, it would only show me one alarm. When I turned that alarm off, the Alarm icon was still showing in the task bar. And even worse, randomly the alarm would go off at 6am some mornings. I checked all possible programs and stopped pretty much every service imaginable in Developer Mode. To no avail.

However, this did work for me:
    - I turned off my alarm in the existing widget on my home screen.
    - I created a new, second, Alarm widget somewhere else on my home screens. By default it did not have any alarm on (but the task bar icon still was showing at the top that alarm was set).
    - I opened the new alarm, and presto magic, it showed me that I have two alarms available to edit. The one 'real' alarm that I wanted (but is turned off), and the hidden/annoying one with no name which is randomly set for 6am.
    - Simply clicked the X to delete the 6am one, and the icon in the task bar disapeared.
    - Deleted the second Alarm Widget from my home screen... and life is back to normal!

I would consider this a bit of a bug since the original Alarm widget is not showing all the alarm options, but by adding a new/second widget, it seems to load all the alarms and display properly, allowing you to kill the unwanted alarms.

Hope that works for someone else out there.
    08-15-2016 09:34 PM
    I somewhat have this problem. Mine is after a phone call or text the alarm icon appears and then disappears after about 30 seconds or so. It never did that before I updated to version 6. I just updated yesterday. Someone suggested that I wipe the system cache clean, I did that and still have that problem. I tried updating all my apps clearing out caches. Again it only happens after a call or text. Help, anyone else with suggestions?
    09-01-2016 12:22 PM
    I somewhat have this problem. Mine is after a phone call or text the alarm icon appears and then disappears after about 30 seconds or so. It never did that before I updated to version 6. I just updated yesterday. Someone suggested that I wipe the system cache clean, I did that and still have that problem. I tried updating all my apps clearing out caches. Again it only happens after a call or text. Help, anyone else with suggestions?

I have the exact same problem.
    09-16-2016 08:16 PM
    Do you have a schedule set for "do no disturb". If you have it set, I believe that the alarm icon will be at the top.
    09-16-2016 08:57 PM
    Alarm icon appear on the top of the screen because of your address book app trying to sync your contacts, messages and some of your data, so to remove the alarm icon just goto settings application Manger show system apps and lookup for address book sync app and address book(example: for AT&T users AT&T address book and sync) on the both apps clear cache, clear data and block notifications.

That's it....
    10-13-2016 11:47 AM
37 12