Galaxy S7 vs iPhone SE

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S7 and my wife has an iPhone SE.

I have owned iPhone before and after a while of being happy with the phone initially, things like having to use iTunes to copy my music really get to me and I miss the simplicity of Android phones being able to simply plug in the phone to my USB port and copy/paste whatever music I want or update the new ones if I had some new songs.

Today I held her iPhone SE and man is that size so perfect. It reminded me again what a phone size was like in the old days, a telephone, not a freakin' mini tablet. I love the size so much.

So then I quickly launched her camera and took some photos and then took the same photos with my S7, the S7 photos were much richer / saturated in color I am in a dilemma if I should keep my s7 or get an iPhone SE

I am not a fan boy of any OS or brand. part of me really wants to have a small phone but what's scaring me from pulling the bullet is the camera and Apple iOS (I hate iTunes)

Also, I think that the iPhone SE's battery is better and doesn't have as much of a drain when sitting idle as compared to Samsung Phones

Please help me decide

ssj100

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
My S7 drains about 3% overnight (~8 hours) sitting idle with AOD disabled. Not sure how much better the iPhone SE can be?

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Personally, I would never give up an S7 for an iPhone SE, but if you really like the iPhone, just use Google music instead of iTunes.

And regarding the photos, Apple have a much more true to life colour graded image, especially in contrast to viewing Samsung's slightly over saturated colors on an over saturated amoled.

dreaming of electric sheep

rockitdog23

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
S7, quick/wireless charging, water proof, much better screen and more freedom to optimize the device to your liking. S7 beats SE in almost every category imaginable

sunrat39

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

I have owned iPhone before and after a while of being happy with the phone initially, things like having to use iTunes to copy my music really get to me and I miss the simplicity of Android phones being able to simply plug in the phone to my USB port and copy/paste whatever music I want or update the new ones if I had some new songs.

Today I held her iPhone SE and man is that size so perfect. It reminded me again what a phone size was like in the old days, a telephone, not a freakin' mini tablet. I love the size so much.

So then I quickly launched her camera and took some photos and then took the same photos with my S7, the S7 photos were much richer / saturated in color I am in a dilemma if I should keep my s7 or get an iPhone SE

I am not a fan boy of any OS or brand. part of me really wants to have a small phone but what's scaring me from pulling the bullet is the camera and Apple iOS (I hate iTunes)

Also, I think that the iPhone SE's battery is better and doesn't have as much of a drain when sitting idle as compared to Samsung Phones

Please help me decide
As far as bypassing iTunes, is iFunbox still an option?

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
So I went to the mall to get the iPhone SE 64GB but they didn't have the Space Grey color in any shop as it was out of stock so I canceled the whole idea as I wouldn't use any other color. I'll stick to my Galaxy S7. Maybe that was a sign for me to not do this.

sunrat39

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I still "battle" internally with my s7 and getting an SE. I was left hanging by that s7 promo so I was swayed into getting an SE. Like you, when I went to get one, they didn't have any yet.

ssj100

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
Its like you took the words out of my mouth bro. My biggest gripe is the standby time is awful, all apps would be closed and I wouldnt touch the phone, from a full charge doing nothing i could see it drain like 10% per hour let alone if I use it. I tried a factory reset but no luck. All apps are on optimize. That's why I'm getting an iPhone SE soon. I've heard that Samsung phones' standby time sucks and I had the same issue with the S6 edge+ but this is no different

Hi, just quoting one of your posts from another thread that I thought was more relevant here.

Seriously, I think there's something wrong with your phone. 10% per hour battery drain without using it? You must have something going on in the background, running all the time and taking up resources. Today I disabled Always On Display (AOD) and from 6:30am to 5:30pm (11 hours), my battery went from 100% to 96%. Granted, I didn't do much with the phone today - might have received and replied to a couple of text messages. Screen on time was also only 5-10 minutes. But that just proves how good the standby time is with the S7.

With AOD enabled, battery would go from 100% to about 91% in the same time period as above with similar bare minimum use.

Perhaps you should get your phone replaced?

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi, just quoting one of your posts from another thread that I thought was more relevant here.

Seriously, I think there's something wrong with your phone. 10% per hour battery drain without using it? You must have something going on in the background, running all the time and taking up resources. Today I disabled Always On Display (AOD) and from 6:30am to 5:30pm (11 hours), my battery went from 100% to 96%. Granted, I didn't do much with the phone today - might have received and replied to a couple of text messages. Screen on time was also only 5-10 minutes. But that just proves how good the standby time is with the S7.

With AOD enabled, battery would go from 100% to about 91% in the same time period as above with similar bare minimum use.

Perhaps you should get your phone replaced?

These kind of things are impossible in Dubai since it's not a visible defect in the phone. If I send them my phone, they would probably just reset it to factory defaults and give it back to me telling me it's being fixed.

Still searching for the iPhone SE 64GB Space Gray color here in Dubai but can't find it, it's out of stock and they only have the Gold and Rose Gold colors, ewwww.

hp79

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site

Please help me decide

I have a S7 Edge and I'm currently using iPhone SE. I got it for less than $100 brand new so I gave it a try. My last iOS was iPad mini 2 and before that was iPod touch 2nd & 4th gen.
Normally I wouldn't even look at iOS because I hate the idea of not using a file manager. Anyways to my surprise it is working really well with my 2013 MacBook Pro. Everything is fluid and there's much better support for touch login on 3rd party apps. Switching from camera to view mode is very consistent. My S7 Edge was sometimes (very few times) slow launching the camera. S7 captures way better photos in low light though.

I probably will return to S7 Edge in one point but for now the iPhone SE is working really great. No keyboard lags, voice dictation works better, and predictable battery life too. You just have to try it out and figure.