07-18-2018 09:50 PM
30 12
tools
    To fix the broken setting that causes Google search / voice to text apps to not work with Bluetooth Microphones, do the following:

Note: This will erase your google data on the phone maybe including your linked credit card authorization from your bank in android pay (tap payment only, not Wallet.) which I seem to recall having to re-set it up with my bank since they are very secure with that, so make sure you are prepared for that possiblity. It won't delete your linked accounts or authenticator two factor auth. Just the core googly stuff and settings related to the local settings on the phone.

Go into settings > apps > Google. Disable it to reset it back to the original version, then enable it again. Still in the Google app, click on storage, then manage space > clear all data.

Go back to settings > apps > show system apps. Find Google Services Framework. Click storage, click clear data.

Your Bluetooth microphone should now start working again. I have had to do this on two phones so far. You may just get away with deleting the data on the framework app, I usually do both since I don't want to mess around any longer than I have to.
    12-18-2017 07:32 AM
    To fix the broken setting that causes Google search / voice to text apps to not work with Bluetooth Microphones, do the following:

Note: This will erase your google data on the phone maybe including your linked credit card authorization from your bank in android pay (tap payment only, not Wallet.) which I seem to recall having to re-set it up with my bank since they are very secure with that, so make sure you are prepared for that possiblity. It won't delete your linked accounts or authenticator two factor auth. Just the core googly stuff and settings related to the local settings on the phone.

Go into settings > apps > Google. Disable it to reset it back to the original version, then enable it again. Still in the Google app, click on storage, then manage space > clear all data.

Go back to settings > apps > show system apps. Find Google Services Framework. Click storage, click clear data.

Your Bluetooth microphone should now start working again. I have had to do this on two phones so far. You may just get away with deleting the data on the framework app, I usually do both since I don't want to mess around any longer than I have to.
    I have a Galaxy S8 Plus. I want to try to make the Okay Google Assistant work through the Bluetooth in my 2012 Jeep Liberty. The stereo has it's own interface where I can answer and make calls, and listen to texts, but to reply I only have a list to choose from on the Jeep interface. I can listen to my audio and here notifications through the car stereo Bluetooth, when it is in in the Bluetooth mode, but for some reason the Okay Google Assistant doesn't go through the Bluetooth, just the phone speakers and I can only use the phone mic. I would love for it come through the stereo and use the car Mic so I can actually dictate messages.
    12-18-2017 08:08 AM
    I have a Galaxy S8 Plus. I want to try to make the Okay Google Assistant work through the Bluetooth in my 2012 Jeep Liberty. The stereo has it's own interface where I can answer and make calls, and listen to texts, but to reply I only have a list to choose from on the Jeep interface. I can listen to my audio and here notifications through the car stereo Bluetooth, when it is in in the Bluetooth mode, but for some reason the Okay Google Assistant doesn't go through the Bluetooth, just the phone speakers and I can only use the phone mic. I would love for it come through the stereo and use the car Mic so I can actually dictate messages.
    I came from Windows 10 Mobile as well and Android is quite useless for hands free. I tried many apps and they all fail at some point. I found Enhanced SMS and Caller ID. IT uses the Call Stream trick over bluetooth. You can specify what BT profile to use so it only turns on as needed. It allows other app notifications to play as well. OK Google does not play through the call stream making it useless in the car unless I'm actually on the Media stream on the radio, which is almost never. I did just enable google text to speach via this app and will see if it works. It's the best hands free app on Android that lets you select the BT profile and full reading and response to texts hands free.

Lannie
    03-02-2018 11:22 AM
    I just decided to make the switch from a Lumia 950 to Android. I had first purchased a Pixel 2 which I thought had a hardware issue. It was loosing connectivity to my car Bluetooth and the assistant would not work through the speaker system like Cortana did. I just returned it and got a Samsung S9, which while the UI is a bit simpler, still has the same assistant over bluetooth issue. Aside from the phone being a lot faster than my Lumia, which I would expect after 2 years, the UI and bluetooth hardware seems to lack from what I can tell. All I really want to do is dictate text messages without having to hold up my phone. I am still reeling from Microsoft's terrible decision to back out of mobile.

My question to everyone here: Is there a workaround?
    06-07-2018 01:47 PM
    I just decided to make the switch from a Lumia 950 to Android. I had first purchased a Pixel 2 which I thought had a hardware issue. It was loosing connectivity to my car Bluetooth and the assistant would not work through the speaker system like Cortana did. I just returned it and got a Samsung S9, which while the UI is a bit simpler, still has the same assistant over bluetooth issue. Aside from the phone being a lot faster than my Lumia, which I would expect after 2 years, the UI and bluetooth hardware seems to lack from what I can tell. All I really want to do is dictate text messages without having to hold up my phone. I am still reeling from Microsoft's terrible decision to back out of mobile.

My question to everyone here: Is there a workaround?
    That is exactly what I am going thru but with a different path.

I can connect my phone to my HU thru Mirror Link. I then use LG Mirror Drive to trick the HU and pair my phone thru USB cable just fine. This is a new unit (2017) and I can stream music and make phone calls fine.

I can get Google Maps, Spotify, etc you name it to work on the HU and make phone calls from Whatzap, Phone itself or Android Auto App, but if I try to use the microphone for any other app it won't work.

It seems the car's microphone will only activate when a phone call is detected or phone app is used. That is really odd....

Has anyone got a workaround for that?
    07-18-2018 09:50 PM
30 12