Best clear case

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I've only used the ones offered with Spigen's promos and that's quite nice. Not a lot of bulk, and seems sturdy enough.

Irisheagle

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
I only use Spigen cases on any of my phones cause the last bad incident I had a spigen case on my GS-4 when it fell in the toilet. The case fit so well when I got it out it was fine. Only 1 drop of water on the battery made it inside and the phone had no issues. So I suggest Spigen, no matter the design.

Posted via the Android Central App

Swamp55

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
Here's one more vote for the Spigen Liquid Crystal. When I put a clear case on, that's the one I use - fits well and feels good in the hand. Good protection against scratches and small bumps. (If you are prone to major phone drops, I'd suggest getting something bulkier, however.)

ssj100

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
After spending several weeks trying to work out what's the best case for me, I've been using the Spigen Liquid Crystal almost permanently for over a month now. It's been great. It essentially fits all the following features I look for:

1. Has to be light ("thin fit" etc) - anything thicker/heavier than the Spigen Rugged Armor is definitely excluded - it's thin enough so it doesn't feel like it adds any significant weight, but thick enough so that it feels like it provides some scratch protection etc

2. Has to be grippy enough for easy one-handed use - probably as good as it gets. If it was any grippier, it would be noticeably more difficult to slide in/out of one's pocket. Furthermore, there would be even more "fingerprinting" and "dust gathering". It's comfortably grippy enough for true one-handed use, which is such a convenient option to have in everyday life.

3. Not a fingerprint or dust magnet - as above, probably as good as it gets without being too slippery. For it to be less of a fingerprint/dust magnet, it would almost certainly need to lose some grippiness. So I think it strikes the perfect balance.

4. Can't be too restrictive with side swiping from edges of phone (to bring up swipe-in menus) - as I've previously mentioned, this is an issue with almost all cases with raised side lips. The exceptions are the cases which are usually very cheap (typically less than 5 dollars) which have barely any raised side lips. But these cheap cases tend to be quite fragile and tend not to have accurate cut-outs etc. With the Spigen Liquid Crystal case, bringing up any swipe-in menu is very easy once you know the technique (sort of a rotational-like swipe)

5. Power and volume buttons must be easily accessible (as similar feeling to without the case as possible). Any case that makes a louder click when pressing the buttons is effectively ruled out - actually makes a softer click when pressing the buttons, so that's rather amazing. The buttons still feel nice and tacky with good feedback despite this. As good as it gets really.

May 7, 2015
Visit site
This review really put me off the spigen cases, https://youtu.be/6Eyz2lo9Q4A?t=2m16s
Are all clear cases made from the same polycarbonate material? I guess they will all suffer the same scratching problems if so.
The Obliq shown next is also interesting, but I've no use for a kickstand. Looks decent enough, though.

I also wanted the VRS crystal bumper but again found another reviewer pointing out the rattling buttons. That is enough to be annoying.
https://youtu.be/iu9SW6bRP0c?t=4m10s

So far my vote is going to Obliq but I really would like to find this exact case without the kickstand.
https://youtu.be/-0jqJ13lLgQ?t=16s

Last edited:

Ereinion#AC

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I have the high pro shield from vrs design and rattling is there , so not only for one unit or design. Has the ring being "loose", need to put on

ssj100

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
This review really put me off the spigen cases

To be honest, it's best to review it yourself before making any conclusions. I'm just listening to that reviewer who does not recommend the Spigen Ultra Hybrid Cyrstal Clear case for the reasons of being scratch prone and having sharp edges. Presumably he's reviewing this particular case here:
Galaxy S7 Case Ultra Hybrid – Spigen Inc.

I haven't tried that particular Spigen Case, but as posted above, I've been using the Spigen Liquid Crystal case for the last couple of months now:
Galaxy S7 Case Liquid Crystal – Spigen Inc.
According to the website, this one only has "TPU" material, and no polycarbonate. But I'm not sure what that really means.

I can say that I've not noticed any scratches in everyday use, although I haven't purposefully tested it against keys and really rough surfaces. I don't put keys in the same pocket as my phone. And I don't plan on testing it on purpose either! Everyday use is what matters, and I've been doing that for two months now and haven't noticed any problems with the case. The reviewer mentions the buttons are "okay" on the Ultra Hybrid Crystal Clear case, but I think the buttons are amazing on the Spigen Liquid Crystal case - as posted above, it's got the perfect balance of having a soft "click" when being pressed and being reasonably tacky at the same time. I've used some cases where the buttons are incredibly tacky, but the "click" noise is louder than without the case on.

cpcxgsr

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I had just gotten the S7 and didn't want to pay an arm and a leg for case while at VZW. I know there are cheaper alternatives on Amazon. But I couldn't wait for 2 days till the package arrives. I needed a case ASAP because the phone is nearly damn impossible to hold. I am always afraid that it will slip out of my hand and I needed a cheap case to hold me over until my Amazon package arrives.

The gf's dad told me to check out Five Below because that was where he got his last case and had mentioned they have a decent collection. I gave it a shot and not only was I able to buy a generic TPU case, I was able to score a tempered glass protector as well!

All for $10.00! $5 for the case and $5 for the screen protector! I actually went ahead and canceled my Amazon because this cheap (in price) TPU case and protector works pretty darn well! So for those that don't want to go pay full retail at the stores... Check out Five Below!

May 7, 2015
Visit site
So I finally made up my mind after more research, I went with the UAG Ice color case. While not completely clear all around, the back does have a nice clear area that gives the phone a two-tone look. I couldn't find a single complaint about these, and after using it for two days now I have to agree not a single flaw on this case. Great build quality, phone does not easily come out of the case unless you dig into a corner pinch and squeeze then pull it out. The top rim around the front is at least 1/16'' above the glass. The back just has a really awesome clear/honeycomb combo on the back, and all the ridges long the edges and even in the back make it extremely easy to hold in the hand. Walking around playing pokemon go for hours at a time I've never come close to losing grip even with sweaty hands. At $30 it is a really good value, better than an otterbox imo without the bulkiness.

It will look different depending on your phone color.
Black Flash On
tGFhxZ0.jpg
Black Flash Off
HuACTf1.jpg

Silver
221475d1458488825t-s7-edge-silver-otterbox-symmetry-vs-uag-ice-uag00.jpg

The $5 glass protectors at Five Below are actually pretty decent, my GF's lasted 6+ months on her S6, and the $30 ones she had originally bought from the AT&T Stores were cracking in about two weeks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781