Previous phones and google phones allow a more Robust configuration of the lock screen, here are two things that MUST be added into the operating system to improve the functionality of the device.

1) SHOW ALARMS SET ON HE LOCK SCREEN! - This was a great feature, because you can easily glance at your phone and see the time and right below it was your alarm or reminder or hell even a timer in some google phones. Also in more recent google phone / samsung devices a bar would come up on the lock screen at a predetermined time to let you know your alarm will sound in X number of mins.

2) PLEASE BRING BACK DOUBLE CLICKING NOTIFICATIONS TO TAKE YOU TO THE THREAD! Not only is hitting a notification once then having to swipe it away cumbersome but it doesn't make any sense when in the computing world the standard for opening a doc or anything else is double clicking (hyperlinks excluded). We need to bring back the double click option, simple as that.

It comes down to letting us put widgets on the LOCK Screen!

Lets get with the program!
    05-02-2016 03:07 PM
    You can use third party lock screens if the stock one doesn't work for you
    05-02-2016 03:22 PM
    Please please can you provide me with some alternatives? I am having trouble finding them!
    05-02-2016 03:24 PM
    Try out the various launchers available on Google play. Prior downloading take a look at the screen shots which would give you a fair idea on the look and feel and also the functionality.
    05-02-2016 08:52 PM
    Please please can you provide me with some alternatives? I am having trouble finding them!
    AC display. Is the only one I like.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-03-2016 09:32 AM
    Download clock app by google.
    Then go to settings- display- screensaver
    Here you find clock
    On the top right you can set up when it will show up.
    Kind of a workaround but now I can see the upcoming alarm while charging. Hope to find a solution to put it on stock lockscreen...
    06-05-2017 02:37 PM