Galaxy S7 cell standby battery drain

A

AC Question

I've seen this issue with the S6, but the differences between the 2 phones doesn't allow for the same tweaks. I thought I had good battery life for the first month of owning the S7, but lately, it has taken a hit. I was at a 20% drain rate after 4 hours, and now it takes about 2 hours. Cell standby is using 33% of my battery, without much other usage as I work.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome. I'll request that this be moved to the Samsung Galaxy S7 forum, where you'll be more likely to get advice.

peanut140

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Were you able to get this figured out? I am having the same issue. Cell Standby took up 27% of my battery today, it's only 5:00 and my battery is at 15%.

Time without signal: 0%
Total connection time: 3h 43m
Computer power usage: 1041 mAh

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Were you able to get this figured out? I am having the same issue. Cell Standby took up 27% of my battery today, it's only 5:00 and my battery is at 15%.

Time without signal: 0%
Total connection time: 3h 43m
Computer power usage: 1041 mAh
You have to disable advanced calling, power off phone, hold down power + home button + volume up until the recovery boots and wipe the cache. Restart phone and then re-enable advanced calling. Did the trick for me

RandyABox

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
You have to disable advanced calling, power off phone, hold down power + home button + volume up until the recovery boots and wipe the cache. Restart phone and then re-enable advanced calling. Did the trick for me

Delete all data for Google Play Services and it'll stop this for a week or so. When it hits a certain amt of memory used, it'll immediately start the battery drain again and you must repeat the process.