06-10-2018 03:16 AM
152 1234 ...
tools
    I turned my phone off vibrate and the sound came back!
    11-30-2016 04:54 PM
    I had the exact same problem. I noticed I would get notifications however if I tried to use google maps or youtube there was no audio. It was happening to me the other day in my car but when I went back up to my condo the sound was working. I am pretty sure it has to do with bluetooth because I have my phone paired with my car. Try disabling bluetooth if you have your phone paired with something.
    12-02-2016 09:01 PM
    I turned my phone off vibrate and the sound came back!
    It worked for me .... very strange
    12-08-2016 07:41 AM
    Hi Android Central,
    I've tried the solutions suggested in this page and nothing works. I have a Samsung galaxy s7 edge and only got it less than 2 months ago. What's the official fix for this issue? Is this a hardware or software issue?
    12-11-2016 05:33 PM
    Tried everything here. Nothing working. If I switch back and forth through apps, it will work for a few seconds, then fades our. This is EXTREMELY frustrating. A $1,000 phone should not do this
    12-13-2016 10:04 PM
    Tried everything here. Nothing working. If I switch back and forth through apps, it will work for a few seconds, then fades our. This is EXTREMELY frustrating. A $1,000 phone should not do this

settings > advanced features > turn easy mute OFF
    12-15-2016 08:25 PM
    settings > advanced features > turn easy mute OFF
    Hold crap, that worked! (for me at least) thanks a million

edit: nope nvm, its messing up again
    edit2: but turning vibrato off seems to work, for now at least
    12-17-2016 08:40 PM
    I turned power save mode off on mine. Works fine now.
    12-20-2016 05:01 PM
    What I did is as following, most of them can provide "fix" for just 2~3 videos, then the issue became the same.

1. Settings > advanced features > turn easy mute OFF, NOT work!
    2. Factory reset, tried twice, NOT work!
    3. Wipe cach partition, NOT work!
    4. Turned Google "OK now" off, NOT work!
    5. Install 3rd party "soundabout", NOT work!
    6. Enable Prevent USB audio routing, NOT work!
    7. Set date/time to wrong time, close all apps, set date/time to auto again, NOT work!
    8. Safe Mode: makes it work for a couple of youtube videos and local video files, then NOT WORK!
    9. Unpairing/Removing Saved Bluetooth Devices: don't have any paired just after factory reset. NOT work!
    10.Take Phone Off Vibrate. NOT work!
    11.Disable/Stop Google Play Music. NOT work!
    12.Disable "OK google". NOT work!

SS community thread:
    https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/...thread-id/7908
    https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/...p/51186#M12702
    12-21-2016 12:48 PM
    I have tried everything here! Nothing is working. It keeps getting worse!
    12-21-2016 09:53 PM
    Yeah, nothing works for more than maybe a day at the most. Tried everything, factory reset, safe mode, the whole 9 yards. Ive had the Phone for less than a months, so it giving up and contacting my retailer and get a replacement.
    12-22-2016 04:42 AM
    This app requires a pro licence to work. Keeps prompting us to purchase the app.
    How does this app help?
    12-27-2016 04:44 PM
    that app keeps asking you to buy a license. don't see how that might work.
    12-27-2016 04:49 PM
    I got my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge about 2 weeks ago. I listen to Jango a lot. I've not had any problems in the past. This morning I started having issues with the sound cutting out, but not via Blue Tooth, only on the phone itself. I thought about configuration changes I made recently that could have effected the sound. Yesterday evening I had reviewed my data usage and noticed that Chrome and Google Services were eating up a lot of data in the background. I had set both of those to "restrict background data". Seemed to be a clear cause and effect. So I turned off "restrict background data" for Chrome and Google Services, rebooted the phone and the problem went away. I don't know if this will work for others, but in my case the cause and effect was clear, and when I backed out the very recent config change, the problem went away.
    01-04-2017 09:04 AM
    Guys there is no solution to this. I've tried literally everything on this feed.
    01-04-2017 09:54 PM
    Just got my Samsung s7 edge yesterday and it's doing this.... quite ridiculous
    01-06-2017 01:04 AM
    Guys there is no solution to this. I've tried literally everything on this feed.
    Well, I've got one more to try: in the soundabout app, go to the aux digital and the wired headset and turn off the settings that allow music to pause when headphones are plugged in/unplugged - seems to be working for me so far
    01-07-2017 09:43 AM
    I have installed this and set media to speaker and it didn't work
    01-10-2017 02:23 AM
    Hey guys,

I've had my Galaxy S7 for almost two months out and the last few weeks the sound keeps cutting out. This doesn't happen whenever I get called or get a text, but only when I try to watch a video either on YouTube or Facebook or one that's on my phone. The sound will play for only 2 seconds when it stops. It also happens when I try to set a ringtone.

Does anyone know what's going on? Is this common? I really don't want to send it in for repairs.
    HERE IS WHAT I DID AND IT WORKED:

Tun on the Galaxy S7
    Go to home screen and select the app icon
    Then select on the settings icon
    Browse for the Application Manager
    Select more in the top right corner.
    Select on Bluetooth
    Select to stop it forcefully.
    Now clear the cache
    Select clear the Bluetooth data
    Select Ok
    Finally restart the Galaxy S7
    01-10-2017 09:44 AM
    Sup dudes,

All of the steps above didn't work for me and I was on the verge of trading my Galaxy S7 in when I tried one more thing. You'll all won't believe it, but I blew so damn hard into my speaker that it gave me a headache. Guess what, it actually worked for me. The issue might be that your speaker has some debris, dust or whatsoever. Tell me if it worked for you guys, I can finally enjoy my speakers again.

Love, Salim
    01-10-2017 06:12 PM
    I'm certain this is a hardware issue. I read in another forum about a guy who would bend or press in the screen and back of the phone with his hands and the audio would cut back on. I too have had this issue and for me pressing in the screen and back of the phone about mid way through did get the audio workng again. Anyone want to confirm this? Going to see if I can get a replacement. The goal is not to break your phone, obviously, but to press in firmly around the front and middle back portion.
    01-10-2017 09:42 PM
    I'm going to the Samsung Store today and let professionals do the work. I'll let you know if they can fix it or not and how of course. If my phone needs replacement, I'm just gonna go for another brand. Might **** up my dataplan, but idgaf at this point. This is very frustrating.
    cjrivera04 likes this.
    01-11-2017 03:10 AM
    I'm certain this is a hardware issue. I read in another forum about a guy who would bend or press in the screen and back of the phone with his hands and the audio would cut back on. I too have had this issue and for me pressing in the screen and back of the phone about mid way through did get the audio workng again. Anyone want to confirm this? Going to see if I can get a replacement. The goal is not to break your phone, obviously, but to press in firmly around the front and middle back portion.
    It most definitely has something to do with either dirt or water in your speaker. Blow it with a hairdryer for like 10 seconds and it should work again. Atleast it did the job for me.
    01-11-2017 09:36 AM
    Hi,

Try to turn off the 'Sync' from notifications bar. It worked on my S7 !
    01-12-2017 04:29 AM
    I think I fixed it, it is actually hardware related. I took my case off, then put it back on and it is fixed! Notice how the audio cuts off when you tap near the camera.
    01-15-2017 10:30 PM
152 1234 ...