06-10-2018 03:16 AM
152 12345 ...
tools
    I think I might've fixed the problem.

Turn off Easy Mute in the Advanced Features page in Settings.

I turned it off and I haven't had any problems. I can't believe it was an easy fix. I've been dealing with this problem for 2 months...
    01-16-2017 05:31 AM
    Hi everyone, I'm italian and I apologize in advance for my English.
    I've the same stupid problem on my new s7 flat and i tried all the tricks in this thread without success.
    THIS IS A HARDWARE ISSUE! When the audio disappears if I use *#0*# function, the speaker doesn't respond.
    So i tried to manipulate the device and i found that if you press the center of the back cover, with your other fingers on the sides, the sound comes and goes. Now, with some attempt, I can generate and solve the problem.
    I fear that we will need assistance
    Mehdi Mabrouk likes this.
    01-18-2017 07:01 AM
    If I remember correctly, the Samsung Captivate had a similar. The sound would cut out and if you would flex the body, you'd get the sound back temporarily. Someone figured out the screw holding the speaker in was tightened too tight affecting the speaker connection. Loosened it up a bit and it solved the problem. I'm not saying this is the case, but it might be worth looking into.
    01-18-2017 10:10 PM
    I have the same issue; speaker cuts out or fades after a few seconds of playing a YouTube video or a Spotify song (even if the video/song is locally stored). Sound will come back on and then cut out again. Seems to go off when you tab the back of phone hard too.

Any fix? Verizon will only send me a "certified like new" phone, but this phone is only 18 days old! I called Samsung and they want me to bring it to a BestBuy that is certified to fix the phone. Problem is the closest BestBuy that is authorized to fix Samsung phones is in Bakersfield, OVER 4 HOURS AWAY (I am in SF).
    01-19-2017 10:00 PM
    This worked for mine thank you so much!!!
    01-21-2017 01:11 AM
    So I took mine in for repairs. Twice it came back, and they only did some software updates or whatever, no change. The second time, I literally got home, turned it on, opened youtube, sound cut off again, back to the dealer within 2 hours. 3rd time, they did some "physical repairs" whatever that means, and it's fixed. So it's definently some form of hardware issue.
    01-23-2017 08:36 AM
    So I took mine in for repairs. Twice it came back, and they only did some software updates or whatever, no change. The second time, I literally got home, turned it on, opened youtube, sound cut off again, back to the dealer within 2 hours. 3rd time, they did some "physical repairs" whatever that means, and it's fixed. So it's definently some form of hardware issue.
    Still working for you? I've been through a few replacements myself already, all affected. Searched the web to see other Android 6.0.1 devices (Motorola, Nexus, etc) having the same issue... Still wondering if it's on the software end after all.
    01-30-2017 12:08 PM
    someone may have mentioned this, but after the phone cuts out, you can "bend" the phone to get the sound to come back on. something therefore is loose inside (speaker or a screw or something is loose). since i figured out you can bend the phone to get the sound back, i haven't NOT been able to get it back (the problem still exists most of the time, with the sound cutting out after 2 seconds, but at least i can get it back).
    01-31-2017 03:38 PM
    someone may have mentioned this, but after the phone cuts out, you can "bend" the phone to get the sound to come back on. something therefore is loose inside (speaker or a screw or something is loose). since i figured out you can bend the phone to get the sound back, i haven't NOT been able to get it back (the problem still exists most of the time, with the sound cutting out after 2 seconds, but at least i can get it back).
    Thanks for responding... Yeah. After reading your post, and trying it out gently, it's definitely pressure on the outer case of the phone that causes this for me...

UPDATE:
    No reply yet from Samsung, on my 3RD affected warranty replacement through AT&T... This is infuriating. $800+ down the drain.
    02-03-2017 04:01 AM
    Hey guys,

I've had my Galaxy S7 for almost two months out and the last few weeks the sound keeps cutting out. This doesn't happen whenever I get called or get a text, but only when I try to watch a video either on YouTube or Facebook or one that's on my phone. The sound will play for only 2 seconds when it stops. It also happens when I try to set a ringtone.

Does anyone know what's going on? Is this common? I really don't want to send it in for repairs.
    I found a suggestion on the Samsung Forum site and someone suggested removing the Xfinity apps. I did that and it fixed this issue. So give that a try if you have any of those Xfinity apps installed. I removed the Xfinity Connect App, Xfinity TV App, and the Xfinity TV Remote App. I only left the Xfinity My Account App and it doesn't seem like it interferes with audio/video playback.
    02-03-2017 08:09 PM
    Turn off the "easy mute" settings > device > advanced features. Seems to be working for me so far.
    02-06-2017 07:21 PM
    Perhaps a solution: my S7 edge has been experiencing the audio cut out for some time now. Today, the sound cut off on YouTube. I immediately opened Spotify and tried to play a song there and it cut off there, too. *I had thought Spotify was immune to the audio cut outs. I remembered that someone speculated that the easy mute setting may be overriding the audio. My easy mute setting is turned off, but I always have my phone set to silent. So, I switched my phone setting to sound and the audio immediately came back on with no issue on YouTube or Spotify.

Perhaps, the notification sound setting is universal? Meaning the software, as was written, defers to the phone notification setting, instead of allowing the user to keep her/his phone on silent or vibrate and still listen to audio? Either way, it's a software issue on the part of Samsung.

Try switching your device from silent or vibrate to sound and see if that works for you. It did for me. If it stops working, I'll let you know. *edit: also maybe have Spotify on to override whatever is commanding the sound to fade away/turn off.
    02-08-2017 10:58 AM
    Nevermind, this didn't work either.
    02-08-2017 11:24 AM
    Still working for you? I've been through a few replacements myself already, all affected. Searched the web to see other Android 6.0.1 devices (Motorola, Nexus, etc) having the same issue... Still wondering if it's on the software end after all.
    Yes, it's been working fine ever since. Either they fixed the hardware issue like they said, or they lowkey slipped me a replacement phone (doubtful)
    02-08-2017 12:59 PM
    Yes

Install the app "soundabout". Set media to speaker. It fixed the problem.

Call me dumb but how can I set media to speaker?
    02-09-2017 03:49 PM

I turned it off and I haven't had any problems. I can't believe it was an easy fix. I've been dealing with this problem for 2 months...
    Just tried this and it didn't work. :/
    02-10-2017 05:26 AM

Thank you!!! Worked for me! I was losing my mind! Unable to use YouTube! Thank you for sharing this fix!
    02-14-2017 06:40 PM
    I followed someone's suggestion to unpair all bluetooth devices, this worked for me. I think the receiving device was trying to connect and overiding the headphones/ phone speaker.
    02-15-2017 02:50 PM
    I'm having the same problem. It also seems to happen if I go to turn the volume down when I'm watching something. I went to the store where I bought the phone and they ran a diagnostic test on it. Nothing really came up. And, of course when I tried to show him the video I was watching on Facebook one of the times it happened it didn't do it. I didn't spend $700 on a phone for this to happen.
    Markie Mark2 likes this.
    03-01-2017 02:59 PM
    Same problem here, tried all the software fixes I could find on discussion boards. Then I saw the recommendations to push the screen or remove the case. I have a case that requires extra force to push the volume and power buttons. Realizing sound often cut out after changing the volume (although not always the cause) I squeezed my phone from the sides near the buttons and the sound came back. I was able to recreate this "fix" when the sound cut out again, so far it has stayed on after squeezing the phone's sides and slightly twisting. Not sure if there's a loose connection or what.
    03-05-2017 02:32 PM
    Just got off the phone with AT&T, fixed my s7 active. Settings, storage, internal data, cached storage, delete. Seriously fixed my phone. Hope it works for you all.
    PS, after deleting it takes a little while for the phone to calculate again, once it's done calculating restart device.
    03-08-2017 02:52 PM
    Just got off the phone with AT&T, fixed my s7 active. Settings, storage, internal data, cached storage, delete. Seriously fixed my phone. Hope it works for you all.
    PS, after deleting it takes a little while for the phone to calculate again, once it's done calculating restart device.
    03-08-2017 02:52 PM
    Sup dudes,

All of the steps above didn't work for me and I was on the verge of trading my Galaxy S7 in when I tried one more thing. You'll all won't believe it, but I blew so damn hard into my speaker that it gave me a headache. Guess what, it actually worked for me. The issue might be that your speaker has some debris, dust or whatsoever. Tell me if it worked for you guys, I can finally enjoy my speakers again.

Love, Salim
    Wow that worked for me. Blew in the speakers and it fixed my problem too
    03-09-2017 12:01 AM
    After spending a few days dealing with this problem, I have a pretty solid theory, as well as a solution.

My theory is that everyone has this problem has a nice, tight case, like an otterbox. This is causing SOMETHING that is creating this problem. My guess is either that dirt is getting stuck in the headphones jack or speaker or volume button area or something that is causing this. Or perhaps the case is getting mis-aligned and pushing on a button or something.

I believe this to be true for a few reasons. One, this would explain why factory resets do not fix the problem. Two, the fact that people who do things like "bend" their phones, blow into the speakers, etc, just proves that it's hardware related. Of course that doesn't explain why restarting it usually helps for a while, so who knows.

My successful solution was to take off my case, clean it up, blow into the "holes", and carefully put it back together. It's been a couple days now and I think it worked!
    03-10-2017 06:52 AM
    I've done a lot of research on this issue. Although it's not yet wide spread public knowledge, I believe most of the Galaxy sound issues is a bad speaker. You can find videos on youtube showing how to change the speaker. Little skill and a speaker kit from ebay (around $5.) Please change, or have your speaker changed, and report your results.
    03-31-2017 11:14 AM
152 12345 ...