07-16-2017 01:26 AM
108 ... 2345
tools
    SoundAbout did not cure the issue on my S7 Edge. It worked for a while, just as a restart did, but I'm back with the same problem.

Frigging irritating to no end.
    I tried everything, Its starting to really stress me out. When it comes time to buy a new phone I might end up going to Apple, it's happened to me on all android phones. I love android but this is making me pissed, I payed 800 cash for this phone. And all I want is to play music with out having to use a Bluetooth speaker or headphones.
    04-04-2017 09:07 AM
    As soon as I disabled Bluetooth, then the audio was rock stable!
    A pain though cos the bluetooth is ON to auto-connect to my car!
    I'm sure I can live with that though.

That said, I've had Bluetooth enabled permanently since I got the phone 5 weeks ago but the audio problem is only a few days old... so what's the underlying problem here? It's not the Bluetooth obviously; we are just papering over the crack's on this one!
    04-09-2017 04:52 PM
    I have finally found what is causing my Galaxy S7 active to randomly mute my audio.(Only happens when using speaker)
    If there are any active notifications at the top left corner my speaker will work for a second then mute. When I dismiss the notifications the speaker no longer mutes.
    04-11-2017 05:33 AM
    I tried everything, Its starting to really stress me out. When it comes time to buy a new phone I might end up going to Apple, it's happened to me on all android phones. I love android but this is making me pissed, I payed 800 cash for this phone. And all I want is to play music with out having to use a Bluetooth speaker or headphones.
    I was have the same problem and found it. You have to deinstall "not original" apps from your phone, because some of the app make conflict and couse problem with audio. Start with first app you think that can couse this issue(last one installed before issue started)....continue 'till problem is solved.
    04-12-2017 11:58 PM
    Disable your Google play music app, I tried everything that was said on here; none worked. But if you disable that app it will stop turning off your audio through other player apps.
    04-16-2017 10:37 PM
    Well, I've got one more to try: in the soundabout app, go to the aux digital and the wired headset and turn off the settings that allow music to pause when headphones are plugged in/unplugged - seems to be working for me so far
    Duude nothing, literally nothing was working for me. But this made the sound go back to normal. For now it ia working thanks m8
    05-01-2017 06:17 AM
    Is hardware issue...i have same problem.. But I twist my phone pushing up by the speaker and then it works flawlessly....worked 4 me
    05-02-2017 12:33 PM
    Something is loose I think ..head phones and blue tooth work ..is just the speaker...
    05-02-2017 12:39 PM
    I also deactivated the Google play music app on my S7 and for now it works!
    05-15-2017 06:18 AM
    I had this problem too after reading the posts on here one post stuck about deleting apps so I was going through my phone to remember when this all started and it was one app alone kick flick from Google play I uninstalled it and the sound has stopped cutting out on you tube videos games and music without headphones in for last couple of days
    05-18-2017 08:12 PM
    I also deactivated the Google play music app on my S7 and for now it works!
    noop - just for a couple of hours it works

... and no solution from Samsung
    05-19-2017 12:12 AM
    Resetting app permissions worked for me!
    05-21-2017 04:17 PM
    I have tried downloading Sound about, and did the developer options fix. They both stopped working after a while. I have this phone now because I replaced ome before for the same problem. Now my new one is doing it. Any other options other than sending it it to get it fixed?
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    Not bluetooth, I have tried it and it still wont work
    05-22-2017 11:26 PM
    Not bluetooth, I have tried it and it still wont work
    05-22-2017 11:40 PM
    I had that done, the phone will probably do the same thing after a few months
    05-22-2017 11:48 PM
    Personally, I have found that this happens the most when I have cell network. I travel quite a bit and listen to audible when driving. When I'm out of cell phone range - no problems. When I'm in town, it cuts out on my car bluetooth. If I put the phone on airplane mode and enable the bluetooth, no issues. Kind of defeats the point, though....
    05-25-2017 10:42 AM
    Widespread problem it seems. Ive tried everything. Oddly my sound comes back on when I push home button, power and volume up buttons simultaneously! Oddly phone will not go into options mode for cache clearing like it is supposed to when I press these also. Love the s7 when it worked correctly. This sound problem is so bad however that I might
    Go back to IPHONE
    06-02-2017 10:42 AM
    My phone will not allow me to get into menu to wipe cache partition also
    06-02-2017 11:06 AM
    Wiped cache. Phone Still loses sound
    06-02-2017 02:48 PM
    I removed vlc and it seems to not be doing it anymore
    06-02-2017 06:15 PM
    I removed vlc and it seems to not be doing it anymore
    What is the vlc?
    06-02-2017 07:38 PM
    I'm almost positive this is a hardware issue involing the headphone jack. I've already had AT&T send me a new device and the exact same thing happened after I plugged in my headphones. Now if my speaker cuts out I plug and unplug my headphones a few times and the external speaker works until I used headphones again. Samsung has to be aware of this... But I don't see how they could offer a fix.
    06-27-2017 07:06 AM
    I GOT MINE FIXED!!! I'm on a T-Mobile S7 non-edge

My symptoms - Audio would cut out from speaker playing Youtube, Pandora etc. after about 2-5 seconds. Would close application re-open, sound would work for a few seconds and cut out again. If I plugged in a jack into the headphone socket and unplug it, the sound would play for a few seconds and cut out again. Sound from headphone jack works fine but not the speakers. I even did a factory reset and it did not fix the issue.

FIX - PRESS "UP VOLUME" + "HOME" + "POWER", it takes a screenshot.

I had to do this a couple times for it to work. I don't know why this fixed it but it did, I pulled this answer from another thread. They said the sound could cut out again, and to just press those buttons again if it happens. But so far mines been good.
    06-27-2017 12:55 PM
    I used developers options and increased the buffer logging amount to 4m and that seems to work, every once in a while i will get about a 1 sec blip of no volume. I may increase the buffer to 16m if it gets any worse. Samsunf G7 active on att.
    07-02-2017 09:32 PM
108 ... 2345