09-15-2017 09:16 PM
146 ... 456
tools
    12h passed and the issue did not re-occur. I will keep you guys informed in the next days. It is possible to re-appear in the future but I hope it will not, so soon.

The precise steps I did:

1. I installed Android 7,1 (not official) to see if on custom roms the issue occurs, and it did!
    2. Removed my back case ( it was an "designed by samsung" hard case, putting a lot of force on the phone ).
    3. Used Samsung Kies and recovered my phone firmware from CM to Official
    4. Turned the phone on and used a new google account but without re-applying the case.

Hope it helps!
    08-20-2017 06:40 PM
    12h passed and the issue did not re-occur. I will keep you guys informed in the next days. It is possible to re-appear in the future but I hope it will not, so soon.

The precise steps I did:

1. I installed Android 7,1 (not official) to see if on custom roms the issue occurs, and it did!
    2. Removed my back case ( it was an "designed by samsung" hard case, putting a lot of force on the phone ).
    3. Used Samsung Kies and recovered my phone firmware from CM to Official
    4. Turned the phone on and used a new google account but without re-applying the case.

Hope it helps!
    For science sake, can you put the case back on and see what happens?
    08-20-2017 08:31 PM
    For science sake, can you put the case back on and see what happens?
    I'm afraid to do that! Sorry....
    08-20-2017 10:13 PM
    Tomorow I will go and buy a (rubber/jelly/soft) case for my phone. I just hope that it will not go nuts again after some months.
    PS. My phone is still working like a champ after removing that %*(#( plastic hard case....
    I guess the phone's structure has a flaw and it can not take that kind of pressure.
    08-21-2017 05:27 AM
    Tomorow I will go and buy a (rubber/jelly/soft) case for my phone. I just hope that it will not go nuts again after some months.
    PS. My phone is still working like a champ after removing that %*(#( plastic hard case....
    I guess the phone's structure has a flaw and it can not take that kind of pressure.
    I have a soft rubber Spigen case on my S7 and still deal with this issue daily. Removing the case did not change anything.
    08-21-2017 02:17 PM
    Same here, removing the case worked just for a few hours, then the sound stoppen working too. It really sucks and if the technical Support does not find a solution, I will sell the phone on eBay and buy the new Nokia. Back to the roots.
    08-22-2017 03:44 AM
    Means that my phone's structure was not affected so much, but surely it will re-appear in the future based on what you guys are saying.

When that day will come I will sell it on the SH market and when i'l buy a new smartphone, I will first search the web for known problems .
    08-22-2017 06:00 AM
    Speaker issue cam back and its worst.

I'm putting this little boy on ebay and I'm saying farewell to Samsung....

S7 and S8 had the same ugly problem with the speaker and they did not have good enough employees to fix this... Shame on you Samsung.
    08-23-2017 12:10 AM
    Piffs, when speaker cuts out, try bending phone (slightly!) While holding horizontally, use palm/thumbs on bezels and apply pressure to back with fingers. Like snapping a piece of wood or a stick. See if sound returns
    08-23-2017 07:50 AM
    Piffs, when speaker cuts out, try bending phone (slightly!) While holding horizontally, use palm/thumbs on bezels and apply pressure to back with fingers. Like snapping a piece of wood or a stick. See if sound returns
    Yes it does but with what is helping me?

Now I'm on my Nokia 222 as a basic phone until I decide what I shall do next. This is to stressful.
    08-23-2017 02:39 PM
    Just to prove hardware vs software issue to samsung. But I doubt they are listening
    08-23-2017 02:41 PM
    Missed two phone calls today due to sound cut out
    08-23-2017 08:37 PM
    Missed two phone calls today due to sound cut out
    Well, they are not able to admit this even if they know, and they sure know. That will mean they will be forced to call back xxxxxxx phones, and they can't accept that, even if its their fault.
    08-24-2017 10:11 AM
    They could so easily rule apple iphone. But obviously some leadership issues.
    08-24-2017 10:12 AM
    Does anyone know if this can be fixed at a local gsm service at a cost? Is the hardware problem provenience known?
    08-26-2017 11:44 AM
    Does anyone know if this can be fixed at a local gsm service at a cost? Is the hardware problem provenience known?
    Not sure. I will research. Please let me know if you find anything out.
    08-27-2017 06:40 AM
    FIXED... KIND OF.
    This sounds stupid but just try it because it worked for me. Anytime I played a video through my speaker, it would randomly cut out and come back. I read about how to fix it on another thread. You need to smack the back of the phone, bottom right side, on your hand or knuckle when it cuts out. I grab the top right corner of the phone and smack the bottom right corner on the palm of my hand or knee at a medium strength and BAM it works. Just try it and you will see. Let me know if this helps. I made this account just for this so I can share it.
    09-01-2017 02:38 AM
    I don't know what happened, but my problems are gone since one week. The only things I changed are a couple of new apps and I havn't restarted my phone for a week.
    09-01-2017 05:10 AM
    FIXED... KIND OF.
    This sounds stupid but just try it because it worked for me. Anytime I played a video through my speaker, it would randomly cut out and come back. I read about how to fix it on another thread. You need to smack the back of the phone, bottom right side, on your hand or knuckle when it cuts out. I grab the top right corner of the phone and smack the bottom right corner on the palm of my hand or knee at a medium strength and BAM it works. Just try it and you will see. Let me know if this helps. I made this account just for this so I can share it.
    See my previous post about applying pressure to back of phone.
    Basically same as u are doing. Has to be an internal hardware problem.
    09-01-2017 06:22 AM
    I normally don't post but I found a fix and I want you all to have it. It's super weird. All I did was hit the lower back of my phone against my knee a couple times. I read that hitting it or pressing it fixed it and thought, no way. But it worked!
    09-13-2017 09:06 PM
    I normally don't post but I found a fix and I want you all to have it. It's super weird. All I did was hit the lower back of my phone against my knee a couple times. I read that hitting it or pressing it fixed it and thought, no way. But it worked!
    Let us know if the problem re occurs. When I apply pressure to the back, like about bend the phone it goes away. Ill try your method. I wonder how many s7 and s8 have this issue.
    09-15-2017 09:16 PM
146 ... 456