Fingerprint/Password HELP

Needkeys

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
On a Verizon S7 and just finished installing the new update. There's either a bug, or I'm missing something.

Before the update, when turning the screen on after it being off (not the device powered down, just the screen turned off after, for example, it timing out), I was able to unlock the phone and get back to my home screen with JUST my fingerprint. If I shut the phone down completely, then when restarting I would be prompted to enter my password.

After the update, this has changed. Now, whenever the screen times out, in order to unlock the phone and get back to my homescreen, I need to always enter the password. The "screen lock type" indicates "password" AND "fingerprint". I am unable to set this to JUST fingerprint.

I have removed and successfully re-programmed my fingerprints. They are there and th device is recognizing them. I just can't seem to get things working like they were an hour ago...where I can unlock with just the fingerprint. Any help for this?

Needkeys

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
Fwiw, I did disable DT Ignite and, before I did, I denied it all permissions. Don't know if that is somehow messing with this

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
We have a saying in aviation. If something goes wrong that you don't understand, undo the last thing you did.

Needkeys

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
Well, I have figured it out. Had nothing to do with DT Ignite.

I have always used the "screen off and lock" app. It enables you to tap an icon and shut the screen off....no need to hit the power button. I turn the screen on and off at least a hundred times each day (business phone), and having the ability to tap an icon on the screen was wayyy better than constantly hitting the power button.

When I would turn the screen on by hitting the home button, it used to be that I could unlock the phone by simply using my fingerprint. With this latest update, something changed. Now, when I tap the icon to shut the screen off and the hit the home button to turn it back on, the device acts as though there has been a complete shutdown and I have to enter the password each time.

If I shut the screen off by pressing the power button, when I hit the home button to turn it back on I CAN unlock with just the fingerprint. It's only when I use this app that I have to enter the password.

So, anyone know of a screen off app/widget that enables you to turn the screen off and then tun it on and unlock the phone with just your fingerprint?

Ladysta74

May 24, 2016
Visit site
On a Verizon S7 and just finished installing the new update. There's either a bug, or I'm missing something.

Before the update, when turning the screen on after it being off (not the device powered down, just the screen turned off after, for example, it timing out), I was able to unlock the phone and get back to my home screen with JUST my fingerprint. If I shut the phone down completely, then when restarting I would be prompted to enter my password.

After the update, this has changed. Now, whenever the screen times out, in order to unlock the phone and get back to my homescreen, I need to always enter the password. The "screen lock type" indicates "password" AND "fingerprint". I am unable to set this to JUST fingerprint.

I have removed and successfully re-programmed my fingerprints. They are there and th device is recognizing them. I just can't seem to get things working like they were an hour ago...where I can unlock with just the fingerprint. Any help for this?