Galaxy S7 Not uploading Contacts to Ford Sync

ded1945

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Just updated my Sync software and had to reload contacts. All went smoothly. You did answer the question to upload after pairing?

phileefan

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes I did. my wife has the same phone and contacts have uploaded????? I looked at all the settings in both phones and I believe they are all the same. Very frustrating....

MisterEd51

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
I just looked at the Ford Sync manual for my car. It says it will only ask to load the contacts for the primary phone. Which of your phones was designated as the primary phone?

phileefan

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
MisterEd51,
I have a 2013 Explorer and my wife has a 2014 Taurus. I set my phone up as primary phone in my Explorer and set hers as primary in her Taurus. I did my phone first in both vehicles then did hers in both vehicles. Hers uploads all contacts in both vehicles. Same phone, bought a week apart. I checked and all updates are the same..... I even went through both phones and compared settings and I can't see anything different.???????

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Are you running the latest version of Sync in your Explorer? And the latest version of Sync in YOUR car won't necessarily be the same in HER car. I'd make sure I was running the latest version and then UNpair and REpair your phone. If that doesn't work, call Sync technical support. They're very helpful. I had a problem with my LG phone a few years ago. I got my cordless landline, sat in my car and called Sync ts. They had me up and running in no time :)

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
But are both up to date? I've had two Ford Flex (Limited with nav screen) since 2010 and very active in a Flex forum that discusses topics like this. My Flex (with first generation Sync) and someone's Explorer (same year model and same generation) can have the same version of Sync but that doesn't mean both are up to date. Do you know how to check which version you have and if any updates are available?

If you try to unpair and re-pair the phone, also make sure you remove the previous listings of Sync from your phone. I really think tech support could help :)

phileefan

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I have both our vehicles registered @ owner.ford.com and according to both vehicle profiles, both are running the same version of Sync and both are up to date. I've tried unpairing, repairing my phone in both vehicles with no luck. Like I said earlier, my wifes has the same phone, bought a week apart and her phone uploads contacts to both vehicles. ????????? I will have to call Sync and see if they can figure this out. Thanks.........

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge