Hi Guys,

I’m having a strange issue with both the Facebook App & the Stock Browser App on the S7. The issue only seems to occur when the App’s have been running in the background and are then resumed. With the Facebook app I often get limited functionality, I can scroll through the news feed but I can’t click on notifications, write a status, or click on links to people’s profiles. I also can’t use the search. Nothing happens when you click on each of these things. Shutting down and re-opening the app resolves the issue, but is annoying to have to keep doing this.

Browser issue is similar in that when resuming I am unable to click on anything. Again force closing the browser app and restarting it resolves the issue.

Any ideas as what could be causing this guys? Never has any issues with either of these App’s on S6.
    05-12-2016 06:06 AM
    I‘ve been having the same issue, not sure what it is. I use the firefox browser app though. I can't remember if it's really happened on my browser honestly but Facebook definitely. I just had an update for facebook though, so maybe something on their end. I'll know by the end of the day.
    05-12-2016 07:06 AM
    Yeah I don't get the issue with the Browser if I use Chrome instead. Only on the stock browser.

Also had a Facebook update today, but unfortunately problem is still present.
    05-12-2016 09:05 AM
    Yeah I don't get the issue with the Browser if I use Chrome instead. Only on the stock browser.

Also had a Facebook update today, but unfortunately problem is still present.
    Phew. It's not just me then. Seems to be device specific as facebook seems fine on the tab s2 I have. Hope they fix it soon.
    05-12-2016 05:35 PM
    No, it's not just you. Facebook isn't known as one of those "always works" apps. (I'm being kind.)
    05-12-2016 10:49 PM
    Ha. So I'm quickly learning. Coming from iOS I'm a little surprised - but it does keep things 'interesting'

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-13-2016 06:03 AM
    Not sure if it helps anyone but me. But the latest facebook beta seems to have fixed most of my facebook crashing errors on my s7 edge.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-15-2016 11:02 AM
    Hi Guys,

I’m having a strange issue with both the Facebook App & the Stock Browser App on the S7. The issue only seems to occur when the App’s have been running in the background and are then resumed. With the Facebook app I often get limited functionality, I can scroll through the news feed but I can’t click on notifications, write a status, or click on links to people’s profiles. I also can’t use the search. Nothing happens when you click on each of these things. Shutting down and re-opening the app resolves the issue, but is annoying to have to keep doing this.

Browser issue is similar in that when resuming I am unable to click on anything. Again force closing the browser app and restarting it resolves the issue.

Any ideas as what could be causing this guys? Never has any issues with either of these App’s on S6.
    At least I know I'm not the only one with the same issue. It's very annoying... I've also just updated the app but it hasn't changed.
    05-15-2016 05:03 PM