My Galaxy S7 started unusual power usage today. I first noticed it getting unusually warm, several times during the day. Then I noticed it was needing a charge, something which almost never happens during the day. After charging up, it went from full power to 8% in just two and a half hours. When checking on battery usage, it listed an app I have never seen before, with just the name 10241, and same icon as the Android OS, using a whole lot of power (below screen but more than Android OS.) The force stop and disable buttons have no effect. I have searched online for any information about this "10241" but can find nothing. Sounds an awful lot like a virus, but Kaspersky doesn't find anything. Is anyone else having this issue? Help!!!
    Followup - my battery is draining so fast, that on the charger it is still losing charge, or barely holding steady. A reboot and cold restart didn't help. I have had no choice but to turn the phone off and charge it while it is off tonight so I'll have at least some usuable time int he morning. This cannot go on. HELP!!!! Please!!!!
    05-13-2016 11:36 PM
    bro.. it is dueto camera plugins problems ..... founded on iOS 7
    bt now it is fixed
    now u can simply found a solution by removing it
    it not removable then check it on google and try its first link
    05-13-2016 11:46 PM
    I appreciate your attempt to help, but I am not really understanding what you are saying. What is a "dueto camera?" and what does anything on iOS have to do with Android?
    05-14-2016 12:05 AM
    Oh, I see. "Due to camera." Still doesn;t help/ What camera plug-ins? I don;t have any additional camera software except what came with the phone. What needs to be removed?
    05-14-2016 12:08 AM
    When any process runs on the phone, the system assigns it a process ID number. If an app is deleted or a process becomes orphaned, the system no longer has an app name to associate with that process ID and the battery use associated with that app will now appear with the process ID instead of the app name.
    kiritokazato likes this.
    05-14-2016 12:36 AM
    Nice to know, but that doesn;t help me identify the orphaned process and its associated app so I can remove it.
    05-14-2016 06:41 AM
    Have you tried clear the system cache?
    05-14-2016 06:59 AM
    This morning I rebooted the phone in safe mode. Even in safe mode, it is depleting the battery at a rate that will only give me 4 hours of run time. In 15 minutes of run time the phone battery is already down to 89%. Clearly this is a system or battery problem, right?
    05-14-2016 07:10 AM
    I have now cleared the system cache. Still having the massive battery drain. This is with only Android System, Screen, and Android OS showing on the battery usage screen. 28 minutes on battery and down to 82% and running warm, estimating 3 hours time remaining.
    05-14-2016 07:26 AM
    This is insane. My phone is sitting on the wireless fast charger pad, and the amount of time it shows to full charge from 83% (after having only been on a short time) keeps getting longer! (Same happens with charger plugged in directly, so it's not an issue with the wireless fast charging.) Battery info still shows nothing except the usual three Android System, OS, and Screen using the battery.
    05-14-2016 07:45 AM
    I m telling u to remove 10241
    05-15-2016 02:02 AM
    Same problem.
    Downloaded the latest Verizon update about a week ago.
    First day the battery life was improved.
    Each day after that battery life got a little shorter.
    Today battery life is incredibly short.
    The only app I've recently installed is Instagram.
    Phone is running very hot.
    Uninstalled Instagram.
    Checked battery information and see
    "10215"... it's using 14% of the battery.
    If there is a way to uninstall it I don't know what it is. It's not listed under application manager.
    Phone is so hot I took the case off hoping to cool off the phone. Battery is at 48% after 4 hours and 18 minutes and 1 hour and 32 minutes of screen time.
    I have not recently installed any new camera apps or add-ons
    05-15-2016 03:25 AM
    Also did a cache partition wipe twice
    05-15-2016 03:27 AM
    I prefer u to root ur phone to blovk the installation of unknown apps
    05-15-2016 06:00 AM
    Also did a cache partition wipe twice
    Have you tried run in safe mode.
    05-15-2016 06:14 AM
    Hey man, had same issue with same program. Took a factory reset to fix.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-15-2016 03:28 PM
    Alanhd, I didn't think of trying safe mode. I finally got fed up with it (and worried about the over heating) so I just turned it OFF and put it on the charger. Today, no over heating. The "10215" app is gone from the list of apps in the battery section and the battery is draining about like it was prior to the over heating ordeal. The day I did the upgrade, the battery life was probably 25% better but it only lasted a day. I wish I could get the battery life I had with my S5.
    05-15-2016 09:31 PM
    Did you found any solution now ? I have this issue happen with my Xperia xz too.

My Galaxy S7 started unusual power usage today. I first noticed it getting unusually warm, several times during the day. Then I noticed it was needing a charge, something which almost never happens during the day. After charging up, it went from full power to 8% in just two and a half hours. When checking on battery usage, it listed an app I have never seen before, with just the name 10241, and same icon as the Android OS, using a whole lot of power (below screen but more than Android OS.) The force stop and disable buttons have no effect. I have searched online for any information about this "10241" but can find nothing. Sounds an awful lot like a virus, but Kaspersky doesn't find anything. Is anyone else having this issue? Help!!!
    Followup - my battery is draining so fast, that on the charger it is still losing charge, or barely holding steady. A reboot and cold restart didn't help. I have had no choice but to turn the phone off and charge it while it is off tonight so I'll have at least some usuable time int he morning. This cannot go on. HELP!!!! Please!!!!
    12-05-2016 03:09 PM