What protector plus case combo are you rocking?

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
When I had an S7 I used a ringke slim case for minimal protection and I used a speck candyshell grip for more protection. I didn't ever use a screen protector. I really hate the filmy ones and since every phone screen is going to curved glass, it's really hard to find a glass protector that doesn't bug the crap out of me. I'm pretty easy on my devices (knock on wood). What level of protection are you wanting out of a case?

Hey, how did you like the Ringke slim case for your s7 when you had it?? I want a thin case and saw this one had decent reviews. Is it slippery? That is my main concern

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
do you have the crystal screen protector or the curved hd protector? They are two different products from Spigen. I was interested in the curved HD protector, seems like that is the one you have? Can you provide any pics?

I have the curved crystal. I'll post photos when I get home from work.

Galaxy S7 Screen Protector, Spigen® Premium Curved Crystal Film [2 Pack] Ultra Clear [Full Coverage] Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy S7 [Lifetime Warranty] - 555FL20105 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AIWCM8...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5185809

Posted via the Android Central App

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Here's a photo of the combo. Not the best photo, but you get the idea. There's no bubbles, it curves around the screen, and I don't see any distortions.

Attachments

• 20160519_203817.jpg
    20160519_203817.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 42

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Hey, how did you like the Ringke slim case for your s7 when you had it?? I want a thin case and saw this one had decent reviews. Is it slippery? That is my main concern
I love the ringke case! The black is soft touch so it isn't slippery. The other colors are abut slippery though!

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
No problem, hope it works out for you!

So clean!

Just went to order it and discovered the total price of the protector to be $39. This includes shipping fee to my country as well.

I can't spend that much on a protector :eek: should I? Is it worth spending that much on a protector? :eek:

The price without shipping is $25 which is okay.

Last edited:

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
So clean!

Just went to order it and discovered the total price of the protector to be $39. This includes shipping fee to my country as well.

I can't spend that much on a protector :eek: should I? Is it worth spending that much on a protector? :eek:

The price without shipping is $25 which is okay.

Wow, I'm not sure if any protector is worth that price. On Amazon in the US, I got two of them for less than $10.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm using a Otterbox Defender right now. I have a Supcase and like the scren protector on that more but the case seems a bit thin for drop protection. I'm waiting for the Poetic Revolution to come out. I had it for my Note 5 and S6 and it's a great case and cheaper than the defender and better built in screen protector. The Artech 21 the top part of the case blocks the notification light.

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
im currently using the vrs high pro shield design case and loving it, very minimal but provides good protection for only 17 bucks. it can be found on amazon

Tony tata

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
I've tested so many screen protectors out on my gs7 and I've been disappointed in them all. I've finally decided to stick with my cases with built in screen protectors. I have 3.
Supcase with 3 interchangeable back plates
E LV I believe it's called.
And unicorn beetle. The fit great and offer great protection.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I've tested so many screen protectors out on my gs7 and I've been disappointed in them all. I've finally decided to stick with my cases with built in screen protectors. I have 3.
Supcase with 3 interchangeable back plates
E LV I believe it's called.
And unicorn beetle. The fit great and offer great protection.

Yea I hate how the have the slight curve in the S7 in order to make it more compact. I'll probably end up ordering the level 5 performance series from incipio directly and bite the cost. The level 4 is 30 bucks on Amazon for the white one but has no built in protector.

Would you trust using these phones with a naked screen as long as it has a decent case? It's gorilla glass but can it still scratch? I've always had a screen protector on all my phones.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Yea I hate how the have the slight curve in the S7 in order to make it more compact. I'll probably end up ordering the level 5 performance series from incipio directly and bite the cost. The level 4 is 30 bucks on Amazon for the white one but has no built in protector.

Would you trust using these phones with a naked screen as long as it has a decent case? It's gorilla glass but can it still scratch? I've always had a screen protector on all my phones.
I feel like each new Galaxy that comes out the more scratch prone it is. I am a female and wear stud earrings and the fine scratches that it leaves on the gorilla glass is crazy. I had the s3 that you could put a knife to and nothing happened. The phones now are so delicate. The iPhones are the same way, especially in direct sunlight or under a flashlight you see every hair line scratch.

Tony tata

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site

Attachments

• 466.jpg
    466.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 66

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Yea saw that LV case. Not bad for 12 bucks but the materials look similar to the Supcase and Armorbox. I bought the Armorbox last week and wasn't impressed. The screen protector fits tight to the phone but overall the case is crap protection wise compared to the defender. They seem to look better in the photos these cases off Amazon. The Supcase and Armorbox are too stiff for shock protection.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781