What protector plus case combo are you rocking?

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I recently got the S7. And I am really struggling to find some good protectors and cases for this phone. I have the Silver Titanium btw.

I got the jelly like protector which goes from edge to edge on both sides. But it gets nasty while using. It has a lot of friction. Though I've left it on I don't have any other options. Except a clear or glass protector which just covers the middle of the screen.

For the case I got the spigen ultra hybrid. It's nice but it's not as solid as I was hoping it would be. Here in summers it gets nasty in the hand as well. So I replaced it with a plain hard plastic black case. It's a minimal style case.

Overall, I'm not very satisfied with the combo. It works. But that's it. Wish I could have some good options.

What combo are you guys rocking? Are you happy with it?

Posted via the Android Central App

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
When I had an S7 I used a ringke slim case for minimal protection and I used a speck candyshell grip for more protection. I didn't ever use a screen protector. I really hate the filmy ones and since every phone screen is going to curved glass, it's really hard to find a glass protector that doesn't bug the crap out of me. I'm pretty easy on my devices (knock on wood). What level of protection are you wanting out of a case?

sydneycooper1979

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
If you're wanting something to show off the gold, Amazon carries a cimo S wave case that is clear but mostly matte so it doesn't get gross.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
When I had an S7 I used a ringke slim case for minimal protection and I used a speck candyshell grip for more protection. I didn't ever use a screen protector. I really hate the filmy ones and since every phone screen is going to curved glass, it's really hard to find a glass protector that doesn't bug the crap out of me. I'm pretty easy on my devices (knock on wood). What level of protection are you wanting out of a case?

What phone do you have now?

I like minimal cases but something colorful. I like apples cases and covers very much. Wish Samsung would copy them and make them for their phones as well :p I know there are some flip covers but I hate flip covers.

And I can't use my phone without a screen protector. I just can't :p there's too much worrying going on when I do.

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Ive had no luck with tempered glass nor film screen protectors (they all have a halo because or the slight curve at the edges of the screen).
Coral curved tempered glass screen protectors seem to be popular. I might finally bite the bullet & purchase one myself.
I got the otterbox Defender first thing. But its bulk hinders wireless charging & it makes my s7 scorching hot when the wireless charger does work.
I've been using one of the cheap ultra-thin TPU clear cases and it's okay but not quite the level of protection I want. So it doesn't interfere at all with fast wireless charging and it retains minimal Heat.

Im tempted to try a Griffin Survivor.
That's what I used on my S5 and it was perfect with a tempered glass screen protector in place of the cheap feeling film protectors Griffin and OtterBox have molded into their Defender & Survivor models. I use a utility knife and cut these protectors out first thing and in turn use a tempered glass screen protector.
I may pick up a Spigen tough or rugged armor case & give it a try also.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Ive had no luck with tempered glass nor film screen protectors (they all have a halo because or the slight curve at the edges of the screen).
Coral curved tempered glass screen protectors seem to be popular. I might finally bite the bullet & purchase one myself.
I got the otterbox Defender first thing. But its bulk hinders wireless charging & it makes my s7 scorching hot when the wireless charger does work.
I've been using one of the cheap ultra-thin TPU clear cases and it's okay but not quite the level of protection I want. So it doesn't interfere at all with fast wireless charging and it retains minimal Heat.

Im tempted to try a Griffin Survivor.
That's what I used on my S5 and it was perfect with a tempered glass screen protector in place of the cheap feeling film protectors Griffin and OtterBox have molded into their Defender & Survivor models. I use a utility knife and cut these protectors out first thing and in turn use a tempered glass screen protector.
I may pick up a Spigen tough or rugged armor case & give it a try also.

Try looking for a "jelly" film screen protector. They're the new thing on the block. They're not as rigid as simple protectors so they do stick to the curved edges of the phone. I don't get halo with mine. And it's edge to edge. I don't know where you can find them though as I live in Pakistan Asia. But they must be available somewhere near you for sure! Try them out! Although I have to warn you that it only gives you utility of covering up your phone and nothing else. Using them isn't a very good experience. Lots of friction on the screen.

sydneycooper1979

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
What phone do you have now?

I like minimal cases but something colorful. I like apples cases and covers very much. Wish Samsung would copy them and make them for their phones as well I know there are some flip covers but I hate flip covers.

And I can't use my phone without a screen protector. I just can't there's too much worrying going on when I do.

I have an HTC 10 now

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm rocking the Spigen Neo Hybrid and the Spigen curved crystal screen protector, works great!

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I'm rocking the Spigen Neo Hybrid and the Spigen curved crystal screen protector, works great!

Is the spigen curved crystal simple clear plastic film protector or is it glass or something? Does it stick well at the sides?

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm just using a clear tech 22 case I got from T-Mobile the day I got mines in March. Might get a new case soon though. I have a red nylon Dbrand skin but no screen protector. I've dropped my s7 about 4 times already and not a scratch on it. I don't think a tempered glass protector is necessary for this phone unless you have a history of damaging screens which I do not

Posted via the Android Central App running on my Galaxy S7

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
It's plastic, but feels good. It's dry install and sticks perfectly to the sides. The top and bottom of the phone aren't fully covered to be able to use it with a case, but the screen itself is 100% covered.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
It's plastic, but feels good. It's dry install and sticks perfectly to the sides. The top and bottom of the phone aren't fully covered to be able to use it with a case, but the screen itself is 100% covered.

Must. Get. One.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

do you have the crystal screen protector or the curved hd protector? They are two different products from Spigen. I was interested in the curved HD protector, seems like that is the one you have? Can you provide any pics?