My phone is the new water resistant Samsung galaxy S7 I got it 3 month ago and by accident my niece drop some water on it I thought That it would be okay because it’s supposed to be water resistant but no my phone is ruin an I been calling Samsung and T-Mobile since a week ago and they say that they can’t help me because of the water damage. Could you please Help Me I Don’t Know What to Do.
    05-17-2016 01:55 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Water resistance is never a 100% waterproof guarantee. The fine print in the manual will always say that they can never account for all situations. It's possible that there could have been some hairline crack somewhere, or some break in the phone's integrity, that allowed water into the internals.
    Welcome.

How much water was dropped on it? Hot or cold? Fresh or salt?
    05-17-2016 03:09 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Water resistance is never a 100% waterproof guarantee. The fine print in the manual will always say that they can never account for all situations. It's possible that there could have been some hairline crack somewhere, or some break in the phone's integrity, that allowed water into the internals.
    05-17-2016 03:36 PM
    Send a letter to Weezy.
    05-17-2016 03:44 PM
    Then that should be a warranty issue unless the user caused the hairline crack. But if it came from the factory that way then no...that shouldn't be a user's fault.
    05-18-2016 02:30 AM
    What type of water was it, if the water was hot or if there was detergent in it, then the surface tension is greatly reduced from cold water and this could easily enter the ports.
    05-18-2016 04:41 AM
    Also was the phone place under a faucet to rinse it off if it was juice, the water pressure there can be very high.
    05-18-2016 05:31 AM
    Then that should be a warranty issue unless the user caused the hairline crack. But if it came from the factory that way then no...that shouldn't be a user's fault.
    That's true--but the problem here is proving that a crack was there to begin with, and not caused by the user. The burden of proof is usually on the user, unfortunately. So unless the user did an unboxing video that demonstrated the crack was there from the very start, it'll be up to Samsung to decide.
    05-18-2016 08:04 PM