Pop up on almost every website I visit saying I have a damaging virus?

girlcanstitch

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site
I got this pop up tonight after visiting a non-adult website. I believe it was a result of one of the ads there. I followed the steps here by clearing the history, cleared my cached data, restarted my phone (s7) and reset my ad manager ID. Fingers crossed this is fixed now. I already have to dodge calls from scammers, don't care to have further issues from them.

Starling Gamer

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
This doesn't seem very harmful to me. Most people say it's fake.

I think you should be fine because everyone who comments saying they got this message reports that their device is either 28.1 percent infected, or 32.4 percent infected. The message I got read 28.1 percent infected as well. This has only happened to me once before so I don't know very much of the side effects for myself, I've been going off what I've read from others. I do hope this has helped you at least by .2 percent.

anon(5992477)

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
On my Galaxy S7, I found the message was set at the current page for Internet app. not Chrome. I changed it to the Default home page, then back to webpage and deleted the tab, opened new tab and it went to the home page. I was getting this same message on Feedly app when I opened an article in the web browser. BiffSmith gave me the clue to go look at the home page settings. And yes, this happened after visiting some adult sites. Finally gone. :)

mammer1963

Aug 23, 2017
Visit site
Re: pop up on almost every website i visit saying i have a damaging virus

This worked for me as well very simple. I have a low tech solution. Had the same issue everytime i opened chrome so i opened a new tab then deleted the tab with the message. Seems to be ok so far.

derekmg

Aug 28, 2017
Visit site
Have any of you that got this pop up with the 28.1% infected message seen any other issues?

A few weeks ago my Pixel XL rebooted, and after it restarted I could not see notifications (I could hear the notification sounds - but no icons,) the home and recent app key buttons did not work, I could not get to settings, and apps could not connect to the internet.) While I was trying to fix all that I did see this message in Chrome myself, but I'm not sure the two issues are related to each other hence my question.

I did find a temp fix for the initial problems I describe, but that has occurred again, twice, since the initial occurrence. Seems like something is periodically installing some malware and rebooting to run it.

Mikhail Ireland

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site

Hey I got the same exact fake virus alert once before on my tablet. DO NOT DO WHAT THEY ARE TELLING YOU it is a trick that leads you to the real malware. Like others have said, you should clear browsing history and all data for your browser, then hopefully it won't happen again anytime soon. Good luck!

basspig

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site

Everytime I use Chrome or the basic Internet on my brand new Galaxy S7 I get a pop up from different websites ....

I was getting this too on Drudge's web site and other right wing conservative sites when using Chrome on my Note 5.

Someoneone on Zerohedge in the comments section was complaining about the same problem on that site, and others recommended Brave browser. I tried it myself after getting three of those popups in a row (which required me to reset my application data and lose all history) and I've been using it for over a month now with not a single pop up. I don't see any ads at all and the sites load quicker now and I use less mobile data. The only thing I lost was the ability to see my mobile's history on my desktop PC. Otherwise, it's all good.

Advertizers will lose revenue when they **** off users of web sites with these threatening scare tactics. Just switch to Brave and forget about ads and scareware.

anon(386684)

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

Isn't Google supposedly fixing these redirects with a new version of Chrome? I get the same annoying fake message on this site too. It's very annoying.

Vause Luke

Aug 18, 2018
Visit site

1. Go to settings click apps
2. scroll all the way down to the very end
3. Tap on any space after your last app
4 .uninstall any invisible app
5. If not at the very end then look for any gap between your apps and tap on it to uninstall
Happy hunting 😀