every since i got phone been having a problem with ringtones in gmail and text message going to default ringtone and not sure why

i'm already using same sd card from my old droid 4 that has 2 folders called ringtones and notifications

the funny thing is the sound ringtone aka when somebody calls is the only thing that's not going into default all my notifcations and ringtones are mp3 btw

can somebody help me is this doing same thing on your guys phones i'm not sure if next update will fixed problem or not
    05-18-2016 11:14 PM
    every since i got phone been having a problem with ringtones in gmail and text message going to default ringtone and not sure why

i'm already using same sd card from my old droid 4 that has 2 folders called ringtones and notifications

the funny thing is the sound ringtone aka when somebody calls is the only thing that's not going into default all my notifcations and ringtones are mp3 btw

can somebody help me is this doing same thing on your guys phones i'm not sure if next update will fixed problem or not
    It sounds strange to me that the Default Ringtone does not change but the notification sounds change... because when you change a ROM or change a phone the default ringtones and notifications will be in effect.
    05-19-2016 12:31 AM
    i got under ringtone <phone ringtone doesn't change under notfication sound all i see default notifcation sound verizon alert message notifcations sometimes goes to verizon alert and i don't mess with calender

i see nothing about change email notification btw

my gmail ringtone actually goes to a no ringtone with a number
    05-19-2016 12:45 AM
    remeber phone is verizon i recall it did it when i got phone and phone i'm using now refurbished or what it call from store

if anybody has a sd card on their phone and have music like mp3's made 2 folders 1 notifcation 1 for ringtones can you tell me if this is also happening to you

i chatted with verizon they seem to say its due to marshmellow

my old phone was droid 4<-the sd card is now on s7 btw while it was on jellybean i never had a problem with both text message and gmail notifcations going to default
    05-19-2016 02:08 AM
    remeber phone is verizon i recall it did it when i got phone and phone i'm using now refurbished or what it call from store

if anybody has a sd card on their phone and have music like mp3's made 2 folders 1 notifcation 1 for ringtones can you tell me if this is also happening to you

i chatted with samsung they seem to say its due to marshmellow

my old phone was droid 4<-the sd card is now on s7 btw while it was on jellybean i never had a problem with both text message and gmail notifcations going to default
    05-19-2016 02:09 AM
    so anybody else going to reply if you got verizon is this doing same thing notifications tones going to default on gmail and text?
    05-19-2016 01:12 PM
    the notifications sounds are affect but not the phone ringtone that's what so strange man you guys sure don't want to reply to me don't ya
    05-19-2016 07:19 PM
    ok so i only copy just my current gmail and text message notfications over to device storage notifcation and yes they got duplicated

i don't like this i thought maybe i should just delete notfication folder sd card and create new one put my mp3's in but i don't know if they will go back default

i can just leave notfication folder blank on sd card and copy every to notification folder device storage which i shouldn't however what's going to happen in 4-5 years i want to get another phone that had sd card day of i will have to cut all my mp3's on device storage to put back on notfication folder on sd card

or i can do what i been doing when notfication goes to default gmail and text message go back and change them back

for the love of god people tell me what to do perhaps i should gotten droid turbo 2 meh
    05-19-2016 11:00 PM