not receiving group texts from iPhone users....

mar29020

May 20, 2016
Visit site
i recently switcher from the iPhone 6 to the S7 and had trouble receiving group texts from my friends who all have iphones. its really annoying because i group text alot. i de-registered my imessage with apple and still had the problem. i returned the S7 yesterday due to frustration but ultimately want to go back too it soon since i can upgrade any time. i cant convince my friends to download whatsapp either. they love imessage and i shouldnt have to beg them to join an app. PLEASE HELP LOL

is imessage coming to android soon?
Is anyone else having this problem?
what are the possible solutions or trouble shooting ideas.

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have a Note 4 and I get "group" messages as MMS messages. It works sort of the same, and seems to work seamlessly unless I'm roaming and can get txt but not mms messages.

is imessage coming to android soon? - not likely, apple likes to keep their services to themselves.
is anyone else having this problem? - there have been plenty of issues with txt and messages being messed because of being associated with imessage. There are many posts about that, and maybe some ideas to try to make it work.

Coney718

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
do you think if i bought a S7 again and changed my phone number it would fix it?

As others have said having your friends delete old group chat and start new ones would most likely solve the issue. So theoretically if you changed your number everyone would have to start new chats with the new number anyway so you should be good after that.