Why isn't my Samsung S7 theme working with text messages?

A

AC Question

Samsung s7 theme not working with txt message

New themes will apply to my phone but won't apply to the txt message part is Thier any way to fix this problem

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung s7 theme not working with txt message

Themes normally apply to the browser, not to other apps.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site

Untrue. Themes change most stock apps including messages

Posted via the Android Central App

justafew

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site

To clarify - which txt messaging app are you using? The stock one that came on the phone (Messages) or another one (i.e. Hangouts, Textra, Google Messenger, etc.)?

f150xlt79

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
Did you ever find a fix for this? My S7 Edge is doing the same thing now. If you apply a theme it will work on the factory messaging app until you restart the phone. After you restart it, the background on the messaging app is white with no theme or picture at all...

Rick Esenwine

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
It will usually only change the stock messaging app. I use Chomp and it will not change that. I usually take a screenshot of the new theme's home screen, resize it, and use it as my background photo on Chomp. That way, my Chomp app matches my new theme. Its a little time consuming but works nicely.

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Did you ever find a fix for this? My S7 Edge is doing the same thing now. If you apply a theme it will work on the factory messaging app until you restart the phone. After you restart it, the background on the messaging app is white with no theme or picture at all...

Same thing just started happening to me. I use a theme that has dark menus because I'm a vampire and hate white light (lol). It keeps reverting to the old white and blue in menus and messages, also keyboard, but everything else stays. The hell?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith