Hi everyone,

My mom's Galaxy S7 is having some major issue. It is impossible to load the gallery. It right away says the Gallery has stopped. If I clear the app cache/data, it will load, but as soon as I go to any of the galleries in the gallery it crashes again. I also tried wiping the cache partition, no go.

For now I installed Quick Pic for her to use as an alternate gallery, and that works fine, but any idea how to permanently fix this?

Thanks!
    05-24-2016 08:03 PM
    Are any photos on the SD card? If so, the card might be the issue. See what happens if you unmount the card, then clear the Gallery app cache/data again, and then let the database rebuild. Does it work normally with the card unmounted?

Also, see if it happens in Safe Mode, to determine if the problem lies with some other app she installed: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-25053
    05-25-2016 02:18 PM
    I had the same problem with ano old Galaxy S5. It was caused by a single corrupt photo. You may want to try copying all the photos to a thumb drive (I think one came with the S7), deleting the photos from phone, clearing the cache, and the reopening the Gallery app. If that works, add the photos back maybe 50 at a time to find the offending photo.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    05-25-2016 05:08 PM
    I had the same problem with ano old Galaxy S5. It was caused by a single corrupt photo. You may want to try copying all the photos to a thumb drive (I think one came with the S7), deleting the photos from phone, clearing the cache, and the reopening the Gallery app. If that works, add the photos back maybe 50 at a time to find the offending photo.
    Great idea. And yea to the other response, she doesn't have an SD card in (which I also thought was gonna be the answer, but I found out while troubleshooting that I never actually put her old SD card in her new phone haha. woops...). But yea I'm going to try moving all the pics to the computer and start her fresh and see if that fixed it. I bet it will.

Thanks
    05-25-2016 07:48 PM