Can the S7 Load Apps Onto the SD Card? (S7 Has Only 32 GB Internal Storage)

TomBrooklyn

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Can the S7 load apps onto the SD card?

I ran out of internal memory on an S5 16GB phone purchased 4 months ago. I don't wish to buy another phone that is going to have "Insufficient Memory" problems anytime soon. I would like a phone that could last several years. I was hoping the operating system on the S7 might allow placing apps on the SD card.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, it doesn’t use Android 6.0 Marshmallow adoptable storage feature where the phone thinks it’s internal storage. So on paper, no you can't move apps to the SD card.

however if you do a quick Google search you will find many work arounds to this process.

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
definelogs: looks good but it says it's for Android 6 devices. I think I have 5.x.

i currently use the AppIISD app on my galaxy S5 which is running android 5.0 and it works. however, a couple of days ago, my external SD card got corrupted somehow. I am not sure if it is a coincidence or if it's related to my constant usage of AppIISD.

The annoying part is that even after you move an app to the SD card, it will re-install itself onto your phone's memory the next time you download an app update from the Play Store. This means that you will have to constantly be using AppIISD - definitely a few times per week.