Galaxy S7 - Your false perception of perfection and quality. The truth!

JovHok

Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
DON’T HESITATE TO READ THE FULL ARTICLE IF YOU ARE A SAMSUNG GALAXY USER

This is not me crying over the problems I had. I’m writing this as a piece of information for the Samsung Galaxy buyers.

Well urrrr yeah! Finally got my replacement(︶︹︺).

Bought the device(Galaxy S7 Unlocked version) just one day after the launch. There it starts the series of repairs which lasted till the half of the month May. Well talking about those quickly. To begin with the build quality issue, had a small scratch at an edge of the home button which developed into an crack soon (as in the Image 1) also some faded horizontal grey lines(noticeable in the white backgrounds) and finally ended up in a repair since it was past the 7-day replacement period. With that repair came a faulty screen(color uniformity issue) as in the Image 2[a] attached**. Then I decided not just go for a repair again because the exact same problem could repeat even after the repair due to human errors or mis-handling. So instead requested for a replacement. Waited a week to get a definite reply from them and they agreed to a repair but not a replacement for sure. Despite the lack of time I had to go through the repairs I agreed to that and yeah the same problem persisted even after the 2nd repair. But during the time of collection of the device they pretended like everything was fine with the device since they didn’t know what exactly the issue was which could be due to the lack of technical knowledge of the technicians.

Called them again and explained in a simple way (as in the Image 2) what the issue actually is instead of letting them self-define the problem as ‘Screen Discoloration’ . Even then with just dialling *#0*# and showing me HW Module Test with Red, Green, Blue screens which can only light up one kind of pixels in the display in which the the color uniformity issue can’t be spotted at all since multiple pixels aren’t being mixed to represent those three colors. They tried their maximum to not give me a replacement by showing me a video/image and asking me to spot the issue in that circumstance and this even continued to them claiming that I was faking the issue with some 3rd party app.

After a clear evidence from my side they were finally forced to offer a replacement instead of a repair again. But it is then they started acting totally irresponsible to me (being one of the worst customer service I’ve ever seen) by not even informing me that they have approved the replacement for me.

After few days I’d to call them back and ask about their decision and there begins the waiting again for the replacement even after more than a month of not using the device due to the repairs.

The service center being part of the authorized retailer of Samsung, I don’t know what made them to take more than a week time for the replacement in a place where these devices are not sold as hot cakes. That even made me to doubt whether they were waiting for a used unit to refurbish.

[Those moments involved lots of ill treatments from their side, lots of phone calls and commutes to service center even for asking whether the replacement was ready due to ambiguous answers from them through the phone calls]

Now going back to the statement “Well urrrr yeah! Finally got my replacement(︶︹︺)”. The issue still persists as it is clear for you from the Image 3 below ** at least not that worse. If it was a phone that was sold for at least 400$(having the production cost at just near 260$) I will be happily using the device despite the current issue. But for a phone that is sold at 700$ this is unacceptable in the age where there are strong competitors available. Which had made me to take a decision to never buy a Samsung product in my life even if they heavily dominate the market by creating a perception that they are the best.

As mentioned by respected forum members that Samsung could have done ultimately anything to make a less used unit new by resetting any counters to make any app like this one ** believe that the unit is brand new even if Samsung had denied that.

I don’t know whether display issues are there for other Galaxy S7 users but at least I had similar issues including the tint problems with my previous Galaxy S phones. Probably a normal user wouldn't be able to notice these type of issues. But it is good for anyone to know what you are paying for and what you are getting even if whatever I’ve dealt with doesn’t bother you. But all these can be avoided by being strict in quality testing from Samsung‘s side. This is where the companies like Apple truly shines.

I’m not sure whether these are typical issues seen in AMOLED displays but had heard a lot of people going for multiple replacements (like even 3-7 times) for silly issues especially related to displays. Well if I try for that at my place, first of all they won’t be ready for a replacement again and even if they are, not sure what other issue I’ll get with the next unit. Can’t imagine going again with these kind of issue like others did multiple times and to get ill-treated and to accept their own invalid assumptions and arguments and wasting lot of time. Also don’t know whether these strict replacement policies exists only at my place or elsewhere.

Would love to know your thoughts and comments. If you were in my position, how you would have reacted and proceeded? How you would have and taken this issue?

Couldn't attach the images due to forum restrictions. Please view it here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B97-LChbhDZBaXBYSmRJdmsya2M&usp=sharing

Last edited:

marlin29311

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
So it's a terrible phone because you failed to get a replacement device for a defective unit right from the get go? I would have never accepted your first device with the crack on the home button like that. Had you taken the time to inspect your device upon purchase and request a replacement right then and there, you would have had 0 of the issues you encountered. Just my .02.

There are plenty of incredibly happy users (myself included) where the device is near perfect. Unfortunately, manufacturing defects happen and you got the bad apple.

Malek J

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
DON’T HESITATE TO READ THE FULL ARTICLE IF YOU ARE A SAMSUNG GALAXY USER

This is not me crying over the problems I had. I’m writing this as a piece of information for the Samsung Galaxy buyers.

Well urrrr yeah! Finally got my replacement(︶︹︺).

Bought the device(Galaxy S7 Unlocked version) just one day after the launch. There it starts the series of repairs which lasted till the half of the month May. Well talking about those quickly. To begin with the build quality issue, had a small scratch at an edge of the home button which developed into an crack soon (as in the Image 1) also some faded horizontal grey lines(noticeable in the white backgrounds) and finally ended up in a repair since it was past the 7-day replacement period. With that repair came a faulty screen(color uniformity issue) as in the Image 2[a] attached**. Then I decided not just go for a repair again because the exact same problem could repeat even after the repair due to human errors or mis-handling. So instead requested for a replacement. Waited a week to get a definite reply from them and they agreed to a repair but not a replacement for sure. Despite the lack of time I had to go through the repairs I agreed to that and yeah the same problem persisted even after the 2nd repair. But during the time of collection of the device they pretended like everything was fine with the device since they didn’t know what exactly the issue was which could be due to the lack of technical knowledge of the technicians.

Called them again and explained in a simple way (as in the Image 2) what the issue actually is instead of letting them self-define the problem as ‘Screen Discoloration’ . Even then with just dialling *#0*# and showing me HW Module Test with Red, Green, Blue screens which can only light up one kind of pixels in the display in which the the color uniformity issue can’t be spotted at all since multiple pixels aren’t being mixed to represent those three colors. They tried their maximum to not give me a replacement by showing me a video/image and asking me to spot the issue in that circumstance and this even continued to them claiming that I was faking the issue with some 3rd party app.

After a clear evidence from my side they were finally forced to offer a replacement instead of a repair again. But it is then they started acting totally irresponsible to me (being one of the worst customer service I’ve ever seen) by not even informing me that they have approved the replacement for me.

After few days I’d to call them back and ask about their decision and there begins the waiting again for the replacement even after more than a month of not using the device due to the repairs.

The service center being part of the authorized retailer of Samsung, I don’t know what made them to take more than a week time for the replacement in a place where these devices are not sold as hot cakes. That even made me to doubt whether they were waiting for a used unit to refurbish.

[Those moments involved lots of ill treatments from their side, lots of phone calls and commutes to service center even for asking whether the replacement was ready due to ambiguous answers from them through the phone calls]

Now going back to the statement “Well urrrr yeah! Finally got my replacement(︶︹︺)”. The issue still persists as it is clear for you from the Image 3 below ** at least not that worse. If it was a phone that was sold for at least 400$(having the production cost at just near 260$) I will be happily using the device despite the current issue. But for a phone that is sold at 700$ this is unacceptable in the age where there are strong competitors available. Which had made me to take a decision to never buy a Samsung product in my life even if they heavily dominate the market by creating a perception that they are the best.

As mentioned by respected forum members that Samsung could have done ultimately anything to make a less used unit new by resetting any counters to make any app like this one ** believe that the unit is brand new even if Samsung had denied that.

I don’t know whether display issues are there for other Galaxy S7 users but at least I had similar issues including the tint problems with my previous Galaxy S phones. Probably a normal user wouldn't be able to notice these type of issues. But it is good for anyone to know what you are paying for and what you are getting even if whatever I’ve dealt with doesn’t bother you. But all these can be avoided by being strict in quality testing from Samsung‘s side. This is where the companies like Apple truly shines.

I’m not sure whether these are typical issues seen in AMOLED displays but had heard a lot of people going for multiple replacements (like even 3-7 times) for silly issues especially related to displays. Well if I try for that at my place, first of all they won’t be ready for a replacement again and even if they are, not sure what other issue I’ll get with the next unit. Can’t imagine going again with these kind of issue like others did multiple times and to get ill-treated and to accept their own invalid assumptions and arguments and wasting lot of time. Also don’t know whether these strict replacement policies exists only at my place or elsewhere.

Would love to know your thoughts and comments. If you were in my position, how you would have reacted and proceeded? How you would have and taken this issue?

Couldn't attach the images due to forum restrictions. Please view it here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B97-LChbhDZBaXBYSmRJdmsya2M&usp=sharing

Reports on bad AMOLED screens on the s7 are very rare and I was one of those unlucky ones. I got a replacement for having dead pixels hassle free. Samsung doesn't have the best customer service but compared to htc Sony lenovo and huawei, they're much better.

Posted via the Android Central App

JovHok

Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
Reports on bad AMOLED screens on the s7 are very rare and I was one of those unlucky ones. I got a replacement for having dead pixels hassle free. Samsung doesn't have the best customer service but compared to htc Sony lenovo and huawei, they're much better.

Posted via the Android Central App
Probably you must have done the replacements within the replacement period. Correct?