New Update Sprint G930PVPU2APE1

Peter Venkman

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm seeing it too, but I will not download it until I know specifically what it contains. The changelog is too generic. I'm not risking it.

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I had just done my usual random check & noticed the update.
It's downloading now and I'll install it as soon as it's finished. I've had pretty darn good luck with Sprint over the past couple years as they don't seem to ever really screw with the updates from Samsung.

Isaiah Cox

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I had just done my usual random check & noticed the update.
It's downloading now and I'll install it as soon as it's finished. I've had pretty darn good luck with Sprint over the past couple years as they don't seem to ever really screw with the updates from Samsung.
Same here. Hopefully this is no different.

racingvike

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
I downloaded and installed yesterday for the Edge, but don't see a thread over there. Only 2 things I have really noticed are:

1) Settings icon showed a notification number before the update was finalized. Same as when you would have a text the message icon would show the number. I don't remember ever seeing that previously.

2) This update seems to have broken the font size functionality in the native text messaging app. Even with the setting set to something other than "tiny", the font always reverts back to tiny when you pull up an individual text thread with someone. Anyone else experiencing this? I've cleared cache, rebooted, etc with no luck. Honestly it isn't a huge deal for me, but would stink for those who need a larger font.

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
My text size also reverts back to small/tiny. Fortunately all you have to do is pinch out to instantly resize when you're in the app so no huge deal for me.
Otherwise all is up & running well.

hoofbeats95

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
Cell standby is now in the top of my list on battery usage. It seems to have weak signal at my office and it hasn't before. Also, my phone doesn't seem to doze like it did before this update. I'm definitely seeing more battery drain. Highly disappointed.

FrankInSF

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
To racingvike - It looks like the 6/27/2016 update fixes the always-tiny font size bug introduced in Messages with the 5/26/2016 update. Now under Messages > More > Font size you can "Use device font sizes" or you can turn that off and use a font size slider, whose setting works.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty