Am I the only one with this problem for the S7?

I've spent a lot of money so far on cases for this phone due to the glass back trying to find the perfect one. I usually buy a Defender and stick with it. The s7 defender is okay the material is certainly stiffer than previous ones put it's a bit too wide for me. I bought a supcase unicorn beetle since it's cheap. Built in screen protector is amazing on it but it's just thing hard plastic and don't think it would protect well. I bought the armor box and it's a bit thicker but still cheap so I shipped it back to Amazon to get my money back.

So far I'm really digging the Incipio performance level 5 case. It's thinner, seems more durable than the defender and better quality. supposed to withstand a 12ft fall but dunno about that lol and don't expect a case to anyways. The only downside to it is the built in screen protector. I will say it fits very flush to the case and is tight and allows very little dust underneath it unlike the Defender and is very responsive as well BUT it's fuzzy. It's not very clear and has a hazy which is just terrible. Otherwise it's a very durable case it seems and easy to carry in the pocket.

So now I'm ordering the level 4 case. It's considered one of their heavy duty protection cases like the level 5 but doesn't include a built in screen protector so I ordered some film screen protectors from Amazon and some cheap tempered glass. I know the screen protectors suck for the s7 though even the expensive zag one but it's better than nothing for right now. I might just go naked on the screen.
    05-26-2016 11:55 PM
    I agree. I've been going completely naked most of the time! Have bought two Spigen cases and haven't been completely happy with them. I'm a bit "OCD" I guess. The Liquid Crystal is quite nice, but it's a fingerprint and dust magnet. Also, I've noticed (tiny) bubbles within the case. Finally, I've got (tiny) chips at the top bezel (from a few minor falls with the phone naked), and the see through nature of the case makes this more obvious in certain lighting conditions and viewing positions. To be fair, every single complaint I've just mentioned is very minor, but as I said, I'm a bit "OCD".

The Spigen Rugged Armor is again quite a nice case, but it's quite slippery for one-handed use. Also, it's slightly thicker than I'd like.

For me, I just want something simple on the back (to prevent scratches and give me more confidence to slap my phone down on a surface etc) with some lip protection (particularly at the top, where I've noticed some slight chipping of the bezel from a few minor falls). To be honest, I had no experience with phone cases before this phone. Now I've narrowed down key criteria for a case (in no particular order):

1. Has to be black colour
    2. Has to be light ("thin fit" etc) - anything thicker/heavier than the Spigen Rugged Armor is definitely excluded
    3. Has to be grippy enough for easy one-handed use
    4. Not a fingerprint or dust magnet
    5. Can't be too restrictive with side swiping from edges of phone (to bring up swipe-in menus)
    6. Power and volume buttons must be easily accessible (as similar feeling to without the case as possible)

At the moment, I'm waiting for this to arrive:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...rbon-case.html

Let's hope that will be "the one"!
    05-27-2016 12:25 AM
    The new Samsung Galaxy S7 is gorgeous, but it’s also a fragile blend of metal and glass. If you don’t want your new smartphone screen shattering or that shiny body picking up scuffs and dings, then you really need to invest in some protection. We’ve rounded up the best Galaxy S7 cases for your perusal. Find a style and a level of protection to suit you.
    05-27-2016 12:50 AM
    The new Samsung Galaxy S7 is gorgeous, but it’s also a fragile blend of metal and glass. If you don’t want your new smartphone screen shattering or that shiny body picking up scuffs and dings, then you really need to invest in some protection. We’ve rounded up the best Galaxy S7 cases for your perusal. Find a style and a level of protection to suit you.
    That's why I only use durable cases for these newer Galaxys. Even with a case like a Defender it's still no sure bet your phone's back glass won't crack on a fall. I don't know why the heck they made these out of all glass. Most people use a case on their phone and don't see the back glass anyways. Should have stuck with the hard plastic backs like on previous versions.
    05-27-2016 08:37 AM
    I use one from Caseology. It's pretty thin but durable. I've dropped my phone in a parking lot with not even a scuff. Very happy with it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-27-2016 02:37 PM
    Due to the fact it's no sure bet your phone's back glass won't crack on a fall, makes me resort to just having a nice and simple, grippy slim case - basically enough to give me confidence of placing the phone down on any surface (to prevent scratches etc).
    05-27-2016 03:03 PM
    the speck grip cases are really nice i think
    johnnyshinta likes this.
    05-27-2016 05:03 PM
    ^this

05-27-2016 06:40 PM
    Looks like they are three times the price of the kind of cases I've been looking at. But probably the biggest issue for me is the appearance of the horizontal lines (which I know adds really good grip) - they look a bit ugly/distracting. The case also looks a bit on the thicker/heavier side too.
    05-27-2016 07:11 PM
    That's why I only use durable cases for these newer Galaxys. Even with a case like a Defender it's still no sure bet your phone's back glass won't crack on a fall. I don't know why the heck they made these out of all glass. Most people use a case on their phone and don't see the back glass anyways. Should have stuck with the hard plastic backs like on previous versions.
    Because every time they do that, reviewers bash them for it. And they can't use aluminum because it messes up wireless charging.
    05-27-2016 07:45 PM
    Because every time they do that, reviewers bash them for it. And they can't use aluminum because it messes up wireless charging.
    Yea it's stupid. Almost everyone uses a case for their phones now so it's stupid to base it off that. I'd gladly take the finish on the S5 over the glass backs.
    05-27-2016 09:30 PM
    Another issue with all cases (for the S7, not the S7 edge, as case manufacturers have to adapt to the edge features etc) is that it makes swiping in from the edges of the phone (eg. the swipe-in menu in Play Store) a bit harder with one-handed use. I'm really surprised no one mentions this more. I think hardly anyone uses their phones one-handed?
    05-27-2016 09:53 PM
    I would go for the Samsung OE leather case. It's slim gripping and looks great. It's. Bit expensive, but it's OE so that's to be expected. I do have the spigen slim, rugged and the clear and they are all good but I love my OE leather case.

Posted via the Android Central App with My GS7
    OrangeBerry02 likes this.
    05-28-2016 09:59 AM
    I would go for the Samsung OE leather case. It's slim gripping and looks great. It's. Bit expensive, but it's OE so that's to be expected. I do have the spigen slim, rugged and the clear and they are all good but I love my OE leather case.

Posted via the Android Central App with My GS7
    The thing that bothered my most about the spigen slim armor is how hard it is to feel around for the power and volume buttons. They aren't raised at all and it's quite frustrating being that the case is really nice and protective
    05-28-2016 04:14 PM
    I've tried 2 different tech21 cases and a hard plastic snap on. And I Atilla keep coming back to the speck grip.

06-11-2016 08:56 PM
    Just upgraded form S3 to S7.
    Have a Tech 21 Tactical case that I LOVE.
    Very sturdy feel. Like the grooves on the back. Buttons are firmer than I like, but getting used to it.
    Can't comment on protection since I haven't dropped it (yet).
    06-12-2016 12:52 PM
    Evutec cases all the way. Real carbon fiber and now a new ballistic nylon one. Both really nice cases

06-12-2016 02:43 PM
    Evutec cases all the way. Real carbon fiber and now a new ballistic nylon one. Both really nice cases

I couldn't find them in any stores. Did you order online?

06-13-2016 02:34 PM