Manufacturing Issues

JCraigTD

May 27, 2016
Visit site
Hi friends. New to the forums. I already went through the color-uniformity threads. Even though my thread is related to that what I want to talk about isn’t the same.

Unfortunately as bunch of Galaxy S7 users have I’m also having the color-uniformity issue. This is my 2nd device after replacement actually. 1st had much worse screen. I compared mine with my father’s and my couple of friend’s S7 of same model. I understood that my mind wasn’t making up the issue but one of my friend have the same issue but in different parts of the display.

The interesting fact that I found out was that his and mine(1st & 2nd devices) is manufactured at March 2016 while my father’s and other friend’s was at February 2016 based on the Samsung’s device serial number. So I guess only the units manufactured sometime in March(or later) are having this issue. Even if I do one more replacement which is possible through Samsung service center only as of now I won’t mostly likely get a unit manufactured at February or April and also there is no way to check the serial number without opening the box I guess.

It would be helpful if anyone knows whether there is a way to check the serial number without opening the box OR ask the personnel at service center to get me one manufactured at February or April. Will they have serial number information in their system?

Thanks for your reply.

mikepas

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
On the box my phone came in it has that sticker with all sorts of information like serial number, IMEI number, etc. One other thing listed on the sticker is the manufacture date for the phone. I'm a T-Mobile customer so I can't speak to what's found on the unlocked or other carrier versions.

Bridget Booth

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
The unlocked versions come with the born-on date, too, but that's pretty much unique to new ones. A refurb probably won't display anything.

JCraigTD

May 27, 2016
Visit site
On the box my phone came in it has that sticker with all sorts of information like serial number, IMEI number, etc. One other thing listed on the sticker is the manufacture date for the phone. I'm a T-Mobile customer so I can't speak to what's found on the unlocked or other carrier versions.

The unlocked versions come with the born-on date, too.
Not on the box. Already checked. It's market dependant. The only way to find the date is through the serial number which is inside the box, labelled on the phone. That won't help me in any way. I want to know the date without opening box so that I can replace instantly from the service center.