View Poll Results: Does your case make it more difficult for you to access swipe-in menus with one-handed use?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
    How's everyone finding swiping menus from the sides with one-handed use with your cases? For example, swiping the menu in from the left side in Play Store? Try holding your phone one-handed in your right hand and swiping the menu in with your right thumb. It's hard isn't it? I've worked out a "swiping" technique to get around it (basically do a rotational-like swipe), but it's certainly not as easy to do it compared to if the phone had no case. I suppose it's because the S7 has a very thin bezel?
    05-28-2016 03:00 PM
    the only thing my case makes it harder to do is crack or scratch the phone
    But I tried again today. Dropped it. Still no cracks or scratches!
    Srsly, my hands are too small to comfortably use it one handed.
    05-28-2016 03:26 PM
    I guess this question is more aimed at those with the S7, not the S7 edge. I have relatively large hands and I can only just fairly comfortably use the S7 one-handed. So I would surmise that most people on the S7 edge would rarely use their phones one-handed.

Also, all S7 edge cases shouldn't have this issue, as case manufacturers would be forced into a design with no lip on the sides (to allow access to edge features etc).

Seriously though, it feels like most people are in denial about this issue on the regular S7 with a case on. Hopefully this thread will bring more people out in the open and perhaps we'll get better cases in the future for this type of phone design!
    05-28-2016 05:09 PM
    The thin bezels plus the need for raised borders causes this problem. You'd want cases whose borders aren't that much raised to be able to sideswipe easily. Though that exposes the screen more.
    05-28-2016 08:38 PM
    Bought 2 cases last week from Amazon to give my s7 some kind of minimal protection without adding width to the phone. First one was redshield featherweight clear case. Very thin with like a .2mm cushion. (Dunno exact size, just throwing a number to give an general idea.) My phone interactivity had no odd quirks. After a few days, I switched over to the second case, a spigen liquid crystal ultra thin clear case. Feels thin with maybe a .4mm cushion. It's a noticeable difference with the two side by side. That's when I noticed when using Gmail that the cushioned ridge by the edge forces me to re-swipe sometimes when trying to get the side menu. After that, I went back to the redshield. I don't want to struggle in the day trying to simply swipe from the left or right of the screen.
    05-29-2016 05:24 AM
    Bought 2 cases last week from Amazon to give my s7 some kind of minimal protection without adding width to the phone. First one was redshield featherweight clear case. Very thin with like a .2mm cushion. (Dunno exact size, just throwing a number to give an general idea.) My phone interactivity had no odd quirks. After a few days, I switched over to the second case, a spigen liquid crystal ultra thin clear case. Feels thin with maybe a .4mm cushion. It's a noticeable difference with the two side by side. That's when I noticed when using Gmail that the cushioned ridge by the edge forces me to re-swipe sometimes when trying to get the side menu. After that, I went back to the redshield. I don't want to struggle in the day trying to simply swipe from the left or right of the screen.
    Thanks for posting your experience. The Spigen Liquid Crystal does indeed make side swiping harder when using the phone one-handed. I would consider getting the Redshield Featherweight case except that it's a clear case - it's going to be a fingerprint/dust magnet.
    05-29-2016 11:56 PM