Adware Virus from the get go

Incarnadite

May 29, 2016
Visit site
Afternoon/Morning wherever you may be,

Currently I'm battling with an Adware issue, where when I go to scroll on any Internet browser page it redirects me to a site that read;

ads . markketinghub . com obviously without spaces, no matter what, even after trying Avast and AntiMalwareBytes both individually and together, they haven't been able to figure out the Adwares source and I can't seem to eliminate the issue. I have already wiped the phone TWICE since receiving it to eliminate the apps holding onto the add-ons they receive. Ran the phone "app-naked" to see if it resolved the issue and no, still same problems.

Any advice guys?

Makes using the internet such a hassle.

Cheers.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I would think clearing the browser cache/history would fix that. Maybe phone cache as well while your at it.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I agree with the user above me who suggested clearing your browser history. See what happens once you do that. Worst case scenario, search Google Play for an app that can help with ad-blocking.

AbsolutZ3r0

Jun 1, 2016
Visit site

Currently I'm battling with an Adware issue, where when I go to scroll on any Internet browser page it redirects me to a site that read;

ads . markketinghub . com obviously without spaces, no matter what, even after trying Avast and AntiMalwareBytes both individually and together, they haven't been able to figure out the Adwares source and I can't seem to eliminate the issue. I have already wiped the phone TWICE since receiving it to eliminate the apps holding onto the add-ons they receive. Ran the phone "app-naked" to see if it resolved the issue and no, still same problems.

Any advice guys?

Cheers.

What phone are you using? I've had the same adware issue for about a week now. Have cleared caches, wiped apps, factory reset. Still get the adware from markketinghub. It's not the sites I visit because I get redirected when going to Google.com.

I have a theory that it might be my phone maker as they have done some other sketchy things, hence wondering what phone you have.

Carbon Trioxide

Jun 1, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem. I skanned my sgs5 with avast, AVG anti-virus and both of them didn't show the ad-ware. My phone was in the Samsung service, so it has been factory reseted. That malware was before visiting service and is after it. I have no idea what can I do. I got the problem in every browser (Chrome, Samsung's and even Facebook's)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem. I skanned my sgs5 with avast, AVG anti-virus and both of them didn't show the ad-ware. My phone was in the Samsung service, so it has been factory reseted. That malware was before visiting service and is after it. I have no idea what can I do. I got the problem in every browser (Chrome, Samsung's and even Facebook's)

I would backup all data and do a factory data reset and don't install any apps to see if you still have the same problem

Benjamin Jones1

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site

Any advice guys?

Cheers.

Exact same issue here. I'm using a Samsung s6 on telstra Australia

crapachino

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
Anyone got a solution?

Same problem here, though I have Sony Xperia Z5 phone, Orange, Poland. No way I can get rid of this annoying markketinghub ad. Cleaned caches, did factory reset, ad block activated etc. - didn't help.

plve82

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
Anyone got a solution?

Same problem here, though I have Sony Xperia Z5 phone, Orange, Poland. No way I can get rid of this annoying markketinghub ad. Cleaned caches, did factory reset, ad block activated etc. - didn't help.

I have the same problem! markketinghub ad

I have a HTC One M8.

So freaking annoying!

I've tried all sorts off add removal apps with no avail...

No solution yet?

John Marshalll

Jun 8, 2016
Visit site
I'm using a Nexus 5, and my browser occasionally hits this type of adware. It's basically the result of a poorly managed website. Many websites still need revenue that's often provided by 3rd party ad companies; and since the site you're visiting normally doesn't have the processes and controls to make sure they don't have "annoying" ads.
You're essentially left with the "not my problem" when trying to ask a person at the website you visited why their website is misbehaving.

As far as the adware itself, I think it's a type of halting-problem similar to how computer worms operate. The ad-server itself is running a series of short re-directs to fill up your browser history until it finally stops on a full page ad. Hitting the back key doesn't work because the history is stuffed with re-directs and hitting the stop-loading button doesn't work because the page is already finished loading.

chrise77

Jun 10, 2016
Visit site
Good to read all the confirmations; I don't feel so alone now. I just got the same issue on my 3-year old Note3 for the first time this morning. It (the ads.markketinghub intrusion) popped up while I was looking up a standard US news site via Realclearpolitics. The issue is that I am now totally unable to use the internet on my Samsung phone, of course. This is really a major infraction on the phone's performance. Can Samsung not provide its users with a remedy, please??