Samsung pay removing my cards

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Just got two emails from both of my credit card companies that they removed my card from Samsung pay.

What the hell?!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Were they from Samsung Pay or Android Pay? I got both my cards removed from Android Pay, but they're OK in SP. Have you used the cards recently? Maybe there's an inactivity period and the cards will get removed for security reasons?

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Were they from Samsung Pay or Android Pay? I got both my cards removed from Android Pay, but they're OK in SP. Have you used the cards recently? Maybe there's an inactivity period and the cards will get removed for security reasons?
It was Samsung pay for both my Citi and bank of America card. Very odd, I haven't used it recently but if that happens every time then that's a pain! They were a pain in the butt to add them with the text msg security codes

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
These are credit cards and 'loseable' phones. I'll take a few nuisances over lessened security any day. This is probably to prevent 'forgotten' or lost phones from suddenly being used.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
These are credit cards and 'loseable' phones. I'll take a few nuisances over lessened security any day. This is probably to prevent 'forgotten' or lost phones from suddenly being used.
I logged into my Samsung pay and the cards are still there.... Hmmm. Yet I got emails saying they were removed

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Have you been issued new cards recently? I got that when Citi changed my card to their 'new design'... card was still in SP, but I got an e-mail saying that the 'old' one had been removed.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Have you been issued new cards recently? I got that when Citi changed my card to their 'new design'... card was still in SP, but I got an e-mail saying that the 'old' one had been removed.
No both are newer cards with the chip. It's so odd because I open Samsung pay and they are still there.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Weird, but yeah, that happened to me that time. Got the new card in the mail, a new 'design' in the app's card, e-mail saying that my card was removed...but it wasn't, just updated. As long as it works, I guess.