Hi, I'm not purposely trying to troll.
    I come from an iPhone 6s.
    I take pictures of young kids.
    I also am picky and don' t like half-baked software.
    I also dislike Apple because the price differential for inferior hardware is 40% more expensive than an S7.

I bought an S7. Immediately, here's what I do not like and are dealbreakers, which I'm hoping someone can help me fix:

1. The camera does not have a shutter priority mode. Proshot and about 8 other apps do not allow me to fix the shutter at 1/100 and then auto adjust the ISO for me. I can do this with apps on iPhone.
    2. Can not play video links fullscreen in a browser by default. Really weird. This is default behavior in safari.
    3. No fullscreen on landscape orientation in Chrome. Always a status bar, which I personally think is less intuitive because when you want to go immersive, you rotate the screen and hiding it makes sense. But there's no option.
    4. Scrolling is jerky--very surprised about this. Is it java? Anything java I've always felt is very slow and not performant.
    5. Anyway to unsharpen the Samsung processing? The Samsung app is good except for the lack of shutter priority (necessary for kids), but everything is way oversharpened.
    6. Any way to get rid of the yellow cast in longer exposures? Is this what happens in all cameras in low light?
    7. Any way to ad block using Chrome? I see a bunch of browsers with blocking built in, but right now it appears that I'd use the Samsung browser for fluidity, Chrome to sync my tabs, and a different one if I want ad blocking software installed. I tried adblock plus but it's talking about changing my proxy settings to localhost, etc, and that seemed like a "hack". In Safari it took two steps and adblocking is flawless.

I've been messing around for 3 days on trying to find workarounds, discover apps...

But let's end on a high note:
    1. For the non-picky person not used to iPhone, this is astounding value for the money.
    2. Hardware is better built than iPhone.
    3. Screen is not quite as bright, but plenty bright enough. And wow it's really impressive. Overall better than iPhone and no weird pixel inversion/interlacing issues that plagued iPhones for years.
    4. Battery life is way way better than iPhone 6s. Basically it's 6s plus battery life in a small package.
    5. Camera is faster at focusing.
    6. Touch id seems better on Samsung for me.
    06-03-2016 11:26 AM
    Welcome.

I recommend joining as a member and engaging with other S7 users, to whose forum I'll request that this be moved.
    VDub2174 likes this.
    06-03-2016 11:48 AM
    C'mon, son. Parents do that all the time. Little kids move fast, so a shutter-priority mode would be a huge help. The idea is to pick your shutter speed and let it figure out ISO such to compensate. I've never seen that on anything but a dSLR, though.
    06-03-2016 02:51 PM
    C'mon, son. Parents do that all the time. Little kids move fast, so a shutter-priority mode would be a huge help. The idea is to pick your shutter speed and let it figure out ISO such to compensate. I've never seen that on anything but a dSLR, though.
    It looks like some Samsung phones have shutter priority mode. Which Shooting Modes are available on my Samsung Galaxy Camera ™ ? How do I change them? They call it speed priority.
    06-03-2016 03:09 PM
    ah, that's for a galaxy CAMERA. NOT for a Samsung phone that has a camera in it...
    06-03-2016 04:04 PM
    1. The Samsung camera has a Sport Mode. Use it for fast moving critters like kids. It may be needed to be downloaded. Go to Modes in the Camera app and hit the download button.

2. Almost all videos I encounter on Chrome has a small 'full screen' button on the lower left corner which allows the video to well, take over the screen. Try that.

3. It's the difference in implementation. iPhone browsers like Safari has a fixed scrolling speed limit and distance no matter how fast you scroll. On Chrome, scrolling gets faster as you swipe faster and multiple times, hence it's possible to make it scroll faster than the page loads, hence stuttering. There may also be other specific scenarios.

4. RAW mode removes sharpening, but other than that, no idea.

5. Well Google earns from ads... AFAIK Samsung had a built in ad blocker for their browser.
    06-03-2016 07:38 PM
    Pro Mode let's you select a specific shutter speed.
    06-03-2016 09:53 PM