Hi there,
    My old Lumia 925 needs a change. After 4 years using WP, the issues that some of the users of Windows 10 mobile are having, make me think about switching to android and buying the galaxy s7.
    I just have a couple of questions for you guys.
    Regarding the camera, which is a really important point for me, how's been your experience so far? What would you say when comparing it with the Lumia 950?
    Then I'm just a bit worried about the "lifetime" of an android phone. How long will the phone run flawlessly? Because I heard about phones being really laggy after 2 years, for example.

Thanks for your help!
    06-04-2016 01:43 PM
    I too was a long time WP user, the last being a Lumia Icon. I made the switch to the S7 since it didn't appear there would any more top line Window phones coming to Verizon. The transition to Android was a lot less painful than I expected and I have been very happy this phone thus far.
    The camera on the S7 might have a touch less detail than the Icon, but it operates much faster and does a much better job in low light situations. That's a fair trade I can live with.
    I cant speak to the expected lifetime of this phone as its only been on the market a couple of months, but I have friends still using S4s and S5s and their still pleased with them. However, as beautiful as the S7 is I don't think it will be near as resistant to physical damage as the Nokia designed phones were.My Icon is over 2 years old with nary a scratch on it. If you do get one I would recommend a good case for sure.
    06-04-2016 03:32 PM
    The S7 has a great camera. I don't think you'll be disappointed. As far as longevity, hardware is fine. Software does take some maintenance to keep speedy. But it's not hard. Stuff like clearing the cache partition, getting rid of apps you don't use, factory reset after major software updates. That kind of thing. Androids are like little computers that also make phone calls.
    quest7 likes this.
    06-04-2016 06:21 PM
    Android is built more like a PC than Windows mobile actually. Just like a PC, it requires some maintenance every now and then, like cache cleaning.

The thing about the phone becoming laggy after two years isn't true. It's just a product of new apps needing more power, or an accumulated software gunk. Even PCs need a little CCleaner love every few months.

I had a Note 2, a 3 year old model, that worked perfectly for me until last April when I bought my S7 Edge. It's still at home. My mom now uses it since she didn't bother buying a new phone. She just wants a bigger screen and the Note fits perfectly.
    quest7 likes this.
    06-04-2016 06:37 PM
    Then I'm just a bit worried about the "lifetime" of an android phone. How long will the phone run flawlessly? Because I heard about phones being really laggy after 2 years, for example.

Thanks for your help!
    Still using a Galaxy S3 that was purchased new 4 yrs ago this month. Bought an S6 Active last year & sold it within 2 weeks. Otherwise the S3 has been my full time phone. The original battery is still in it & has never been changed. No issues with lag or anything else. As others have mentioned, buy a good case, dump the cache/history & good to go. Am looking at the S7 & upcoming S7 Active too.
    quest7 likes this.
    06-05-2016 01:37 PM
    Hi there,
    My old Lumia 925 needs a change. After 4 years using WP, the issues that some of the users of Windows 10 mobile are having, make me think about switching to android and buying the galaxy s7.
    I just have a couple of questions for you guys.
    Regarding the camera, which is a really important point for me, how's been your experience so far? What would you say when comparing it with the Lumia 950?

Thanks for your help!
    After being a Nokia user since 2002. I recently retired my Lumia 1020 and bought myself an s7 edge. The phone is great in everyway. The only place where I find this lesser than Lumia 1020 is details in the picture during low light photography. Otherwsie this phone is a win. I also have a 950. Useless device. OS is very buggy. Even camera is a downgrade. Post processing is ****. Do not buy a 950. Go for S7 or G5.
    06-05-2016 10:43 PM
    Hi guys! thanks for the feedback! with your comments and the research I've been doing I'm convinced to go for the S7!
    I've just saw an add on craiglist. The guy is willing to provide me with the purchase receipt. Could this be enough to make sure that the phone won't be blacklisted? I mean do I have in the purchase receipt an instrument to defend myself against this possibility??

Thanks again!
    06-06-2016 07:53 PM
    Buying off Craigs list is a tough call when it comes to phones.
    Most times when you hear about a sale going on it turns out to be a terrible situation (which happy buyers never really post - only unhappy ones).

If it were me I would get the guy to hang around long enough to call your carrier and to check the phone's serial number, IMIE, ect to make sure it's good to go.
    Definitely do your research before going through with the purchase....

Side note, I love my S7 !!!!
    06-06-2016 08:27 PM
    Hi guys! thanks for the feedback! with your comments and the research I've been doing I'm convinced to go for the S7!
    I've just saw an add on craiglist. The guy is willing to provide me with the purchase receipt. Could this be enough to make sure that the phone won't be blacklisted? I mean do I have in the purchase receipt an instrument to defend myself against this possibility??

Thanks again!
    Sold via Craigslist last year & offered to meet the buyer at the ATT store. Met in the parking lot & offered to take the phone inside so she could get her micro sim card & check the details. Oddly enough, she handed me the cash & did not want to go inside. Go figure.
    systemofadown1 likes this.
    06-07-2016 07:22 AM
    thanks for the heads up!
    06-07-2016 05:45 PM
    Still using a Galaxy S3 that was purchased new 4 yrs ago this month. Bought an S6 Active last year & sold it within 2 weeks. Otherwise the S3 has been my full time phone. The original battery is still in it & has never been changed. No issues with lag or anything else. As others have mentioned, buy a good case, dump the cache/history & good to go. Am looking at the S7 & upcoming S7 Active too.
    Yeap, still using my gs4. I disabled things I don't use, move as much as I can to my sd card, and clear cache about twice a month. Not one problem in 2 years. Don't really need to upgrade, just want The Next Big Thing.
    T48 likes this.
    06-16-2016 07:50 PM
    Samsung makes great phones. I personally used to use Windows phones and made the switch a few years back and never looked back. They tend to last quite a while, I personally still use my Galaxy s3 as a backup phone which is at least 3 years old now and works like a charm. As for becoming laggy, make sure you do not fill the storage, you need to give any device room to breath. Less free memory can make any phone very laggy also make sure to clear the cache memory and your browsing history this will also help to keep your phone working smoothly over the years.
    06-17-2016 05:17 PM