I've got the S7 and have had huge battery drain since the last update. I was trying a partition cache wipe (volume up, home, and power) to see if that might help things when I got 'Installing system update...' followed by an Exclamation Point in the triangle with a sick droid beneath. That lasted a few seconds, then to the normal screen where you'd scroll to select Wipe Partition, etc. I chose to simply reboot, and tried the whole thing again. With the same result.
    I notice that since rebooting the first time, I no longer need to unlock with my fingerprints, BUT my pin is needed. Weird.
    Anyone else see anything similar? A solution?
    06-05-2016 12:37 PM
    I've got the S7 and have had huge battery drain since the last update. I was trying a partition cache wipe (volume up, home, and power) to see if that might help things when I got 'Installing system update...' followed by an Exclamation Point in the triangle with a sick droid beneath. That lasted a few seconds, then to the normal screen where you'd scroll to select Wipe Partition, etc. I chose to simply reboot, and tried the whole thing again. With the same result.
    I notice that since rebooting the first time, I no longer need to unlock with my fingerprints, BUT my pin is needed. Weird.
    Mine does the same, I think it's perfectly normal, regarding the pin, if it only asks you once for the pin after a start, that's normal too.
    KPMcClave likes this.
    06-05-2016 12:54 PM
    I was concerned about it too and posted the same question a few weeks ago. Guess it's normal. Sure doesn't APPEAR normal when you're told you're installing the latest upgrade (and you know you already have) and then an exclamation mark (meaning oops) appears. I'm guessing most people think there's a problem.
    kgilbertsen likes this.
    06-06-2016 01:42 AM
    Is it a S820 version?
    06-06-2016 06:18 AM
    Is it a S820 version?
    How would I find out? It's a Sprint phone.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-06-2016 06:59 AM
    How would I find out? It's a Sprint phone.

Ooh. Then it's S820. Literally just all US versions. Only those are having these battery issues. Exynos version here.. so can't really help you with this. Sorry.
    06-06-2016 07:13 AM
    Ooh. Then it's S820. Literally just all US versions. Only those are having these battery issues. Exynos version here.. so can't really help you with this. Sorry.
    So, the battery drain after this latest update is a known issue, or are you saying your version's better than mine? 🤔

06-06-2016 07:21 AM
    So, the battery drain after this latest update is a known issue, or are you saying your version's better than mine? 🤔

Yeah. Have heard lot of people complaning about battery life after update. Some even reverted back to previous versions.

S820 have a very slight advantage in single core performance. Mostly unnoticeable. But battery life wise, nah! That's why deliberately went with the Exynos version.
    06-06-2016 07:49 AM
    Yeah. Have heard lot of people complaning about battery life after update. Some even reverted back to previous versions.

S820 have a very slight advantage in single core performance. Mostly unnoticeable. But battery life wise, nah! That's why deliberately went with the Exynos version.
    Well, up until this latest update my battery life was great. If others are seeing the same issue, Samsung will hopefully address it SOON.

06-06-2016 08:23 AM