Testing water resistance

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone tested the water resistance of the s7? I got the phone thinking that water resistance would be nice to have but I haven't tested it. Yesterday I was at a BBQ and it started pouring. I had to run 2 blocks in a downpour and just kept thinking God I hope this thing is as good as they say.

Posted via the Android Central App

JCraigTD

May 27, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone tested the water resistance of the s7? I got the phone thinking that water resistance would be nice to have but I haven't tested it. Yesterday I was at a BBQ and it started pouring. I had to run 2 blocks in a downpour and just kept thinking God I hope this thing is as good as they say.

Yes. It's legit

Mecomug

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Yeah the reason why I got the S7. Tested it as I got it! Put it under a running tap and submerged it in a full sink

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Makes me feel better. The phone is fine but you always wonder with liquid if it'll cause issues down the road

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Tested mine twice & by that I mean I was caught in a downpour & spilled hot coffee on it ( after spilling the coffee on it I washed it off in the sink and let it dry off in front of a fan so 3 times really).
No issues at all :)
Just make sure your charging port is fully dry before you try to charge the phone or connected to another device. otherwise you will just received a warning until it is fully dry. also don't get it in salt water as that can corrode the charging port rendering it pretty useless but even then you have wireless charging as a back up.
The speaker can fill with water & sound funny, just let it fully dry & itll be back to normal.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Tested mine twice & by that I mean I was caught in a downpour & spilled hot coffee on it ( after spilling the coffee on it I washed it off in the sink and let it dry off in front of a fan so 3 times really).
No issues at all :)
Just make sure your charging port is fully dry before you try to charge the phone or connected to another device. otherwise you will just received a warning until it is fully dry. also don't get it in salt water as that can corrode the charging port rendering it pretty useless but even then you have wireless charging as a back up.
The speaker can fill with water & sound funny, just let it fully dry & itll be back to normal.

Awesome thanks

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Mines been in the sink, shower, a stream, a lake, and exposed to rain without issue.

Well one time when the loudspeaker was playing music and it went under it came out really distorted, thought I damaged it, but it dried out later that day and sounded normal again.

I bought mine with the intent of having it where I was afraid to bring my Note out of fear of water damage.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I tested mine in the bathtub. Didn't do it on purpose. Didn't get my S5 wet for the two years I had it and dropped the S7 in the tub on day 7 :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781