Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160607-171205.jpg
    Screenshot_20160607-171205.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 266

ScotchRocks

Jun 9, 2016
Visit site
I've been losing about 40% battery life overnight while the phone is not used at all.
Facebook was my #1 battery drain at 43% so I uninstalled it today.
Now when I check my battery usage I see this "10201" icon.
Has anyone ever seen this before?
android-10201.JPG

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I've been losing about 40% battery life overnight while the phone is not used at all.
Facebook was my #1 battery drain at 43% so I uninstalled it today.
Now when I check my battery usage I see this "10201" icon.
Has anyone ever seen this before?
View attachment 229688

Most likely this is just a temporary glitch after you uninstalled the app. Full charge the phone, restart and it should disappear. Tell us if it is still there. Nothing to worry about.

Facebook is famous for causing battery drains, use the browser to access your account instead of the app and see how it goes.

ScotchRocks

Jun 9, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the tip!
The phone should be fully charged soon, I will unplug, restart and let it sit overnight and see what happens.
Will post and update tomorrow morning.

ScotchRocks

Jun 9, 2016
Visit site
Okay last night I uninstalled Facebook and cleared system cache.
I still lost 25% of the battery between 11pm and 6am without touching the phone.
The "10201" app is gone as you suggested!
Doesn't that seem like a lot of loss overnight?
Wish I paid more attention when I first got the phone in March but I have a feeling something else is wrong.
20160609-6am.png

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
It seems that you have a very weak, or even nonexistent, cell signal. This could be one of the causes for the battery drain.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
87% drain in nearly 6.5 hours is pretty high.

How many bars do you get on average? If you have 2 bars or lower, then that could explain the high battery drain.

Also, can you explain how your usage pattern is like? It really helps us understand how a phone should behave based on usage. ;)

anon(7775)

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
87% drain in nearly 6.5 hours is pretty high.

How many bars do you get on average? If you have 2 bars or lower, then that could explain the high battery drain.

Also, can you explain how your usage pattern is like? It really helps us understand how a phone should behave based on usage. ;)

where I work and live my reception is excellent,I do maybe 3 to 4 hours of calls per day,stream music 2 hours or more,play dominoes a lot .But I work outdoors in Vegas of all places so the screen is on auto brightness which ramps it sky high

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
where I work and live my reception is excellent,I do maybe 3 to 4 hours of calls per day,stream music 2 hours or more,play dominoes a lot .But I work outdoors in Vegas of all places so the screen is on auto brightness which ramps it sky high
Hmmmm, OP. Maybe try some of these to see if it makes a difference.
  • Turn off auto-brightness and try adjusting the brightness manually to where it is comfortable for you.
  • Maybe try playing Dominoes a little less. Games can make a phone's battery drain quickly.
  • Try to use Wi-Fi if it is possible.
They're just suggestions, but I think they should give an improvement, even if it's slight.

Dan TheMan86

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
that's horrendous battery life. I get livid when mine starts draining at 10%/hour. I don't think I've ever seen 13%/hour. With light usage, I can get about 4%/hour minimum.

Dan TheMan86

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
Does the *#*#4636#*#* thing work on Verizon phones? I stick mine in 4G-only mode. I get 2 bars or less of LTE in my area, and it ramps up to full or almost full bars when I put it in 4G mode. This helps me with battery life.

ScotchRocks

Jun 9, 2016
Visit site
That is a very interesting observation!
I have noticed that the phone seems to lose more battery at night.
Probably because I have a better signal during the day while at work.
Right now at work I have 3 bars.

I recharged the phone this morning, it was 100% at 8am and now down to 89% with almost no use.

anon(7775)

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
That is a very interesting observation!
I have noticed that the phone seems to lose more battery at night.
Probably because I have a better signal during the day while at work.
Right now at work I have 3 bars.

I recharged the phone this morning, it was 100% at 8am and now down to 89% with almost no use.

Scotch in the future you should make your own thread about whatever problem you are having, I can't tell whether some people are responding to you or me, just an fyi

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12