I have a problem I'm hoping someone else has figured out. When I have my phone connected to my Windows computer (Dell XPS 8300) via USB, a picture will only open with Windows Photo Viewer. I never use that and don't like it. All the menu options in WPV are grayed out as well as the rotation options. Also, if I try to right click on a photo (remember, I'm connected via USB and clicking on a photo that is still on the device or the device's SD card) I don't get an option to "open with". Just Open and it defaults to Windows Photo Viewer. That's not my default photo viewer. It's frustrating. I have to copy the photo to my desktop. Can't even drag it to PS Elements from the phone. I can do everything I want to do as long as I copy the photo to the desktop first. Does anyone else have this problem?
    06-14-2016 02:57 AM
    You could change the default viewer for pictures. Right click on a similar file (jpg), open properties and set your desired viewer.
    Phones don't really work like usb drives, you just interface with it, and it looks as if it was opened in explorer but in truth it is not, it just looks this way to be as familiar to end user as possible. So it is not a bug, its just how it works for basically all the phones out there.
    Copying stuff from phone to your pc is the only real way of doing what you wish to do.
    06-14-2016 04:34 AM
    You could change the default viewer for pictures. Right click on a similar file (jpg), open properties and set your desired viewer.
    06-14-2016 06:28 AM
    chanchan05, I don't think you understand. Maybe I'm not describing it good enough. I had a default viewer and the Windows Photo Viewer isn't it.
    I can right click and choose to open a photo with the default viewer or choose from a list of applications all day IF I'm selecting from any drive other than the S7 that's connected via USB. In fact, if I choose properties on a photo on the S7's internal or SD card, it will tell me it's an Irfanview jpeg (my default viewer). But it won't open with Irfanview or give me an option to choose which application opens it.

Do these instructions work for YOU Chanchan05? (using a S7)?
    06-14-2016 09:16 PM
    Not what I wanted to hear but thanks Morq.
    06-14-2016 09:16 PM