I was rambling around the net today & stumbled across a possible fix to restore the Doze feature on my S7 after it apparently disappeared a couple weeks ago.
    I noticed my battery drains faster lately & the phone never actually goes into Doze even when not in use & perfectly still.
    I saw a lot of phones suffer from this issue, not just S7 & it's edge variant.

I gave this fix a try a couple hours ago & Doze is back up & running.

First off I went into settings and under backup data & reset I believe switch off back up data.
    Now go into storage and delete the cache there. Next Step power your phone down and to boot into recovery, now select delete cache. After that just restart or reboot the phone & Doze should be back up and running. You should also get much better battery life.

I believe it's a bug and after these procedures you can turn "back up" back on but you may have to cut your Wi-Fi off every time you place the phone on the charger so the bug doesn't kick back in. I just left mine off for now as battery life is more important to me.

Side note just in case someone asks to boot into recovery power your phone off then hold volume up the home button and the power button at the same time. Remember to Only select "wipe cache" --- NOT "factory data reset" else you lose all your user data
    KPMcClave and libra89 like this.
    06-14-2016 06:53 PM
    Why do I suspect that this thread http://forums.androidcentral.com/nex...ake-locks.html may tie directly into your thread?
    06-14-2016 07:02 PM
    It might, I found the thread on reddit though (sorry if its a copy of anotber post here on the forums)

I was just overjoyed to see a fix that actually worked!!

I claim no credit for anyone elses hard work
    06-14-2016 07:30 PM
    Thank you, just gave it a try

>>>I was rambling around the net today & stumbled across a possible fix to restore the Doze feature<<<
    Thanks for your research and sharing with others. That's what these forums are all about
    systemofadown1 and libra89 like this.
    06-15-2016 04:18 AM
    What app are you using to see that Doze is/is not working?
    06-15-2016 03:02 PM
    Noticed I did have better battery over night with Back Up data turned off. With that, I turned off Google's version and activated Samsung's instead.
    06-15-2016 08:06 PM
    Noticed I did have better battery over night with Back Up data turned off. With that, I turned off Google's version and activated Samsung's instead.
    Thanks for info. How do you activate samsung back up? And does it cover basically same thing as Google version?

Posted via the Android Central App - AT&T S7 Edge
    06-16-2016 09:42 AM
    It's right there in the same place with Google Backup. Yeah, apart probably from app data. But I backup with Helium and SmartSwitch weekly anyway and any app that syncs online has that option turned on.
    06-16-2016 09:56 AM
    What app are you using to see that Doze is/is not working?
    The best evidence I have that it works it's just letting my phone set idle for a long period time and watching doze kick in. I've not gone any deeper than seeing my battery stats flatline (meaning I loose a couple of percent per say every 4 hours vs the 10 to 15% before clicking off the google backup).

Ill try & upload a screen shot from this morning.

06-17-2016 02:29 PM
    I'm going to give this a try!

Thanks!

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-17-2016 03:13 PM