I got the S7 today and tried to setup Samsung Pay. Phone is up to date firmware and software wise.

I attempted to set it and it makes it past 'Validating Card' part. I then get to the agree to the banks terms and conditions and select 'Agree' After that I get error 'Registration Failed' 'Add a different card or contact card provider' or something like that.

I called my bank and while on the phone with them they said they have gotten NO requests in their system to add it. They had me try and add Android Pay and as soon as I did that, my bank said they instantly saw and approved the request.

We tried Samsung Pay again and I got the same error and my bank again said they never received a request in their system.

Called Samsung Pay and their solution was a factory reset.. So after spending 2 hours setting the phone up they had me reset it.. After it reset I tried again and get the same error message..

Any thoughts?

1. Yes my bank is supported
    2. Android Pay works
    3. My bank is not getting the request to add Samsung Pay
    4. Samsung support was worthless

Thanks
    06-16-2016 11:18 AM
    Do you have another card you can try?
    06-16-2016 02:27 PM
    Not from the same bank..

The only one I want added is my debit card,.
    06-16-2016 04:10 PM
    Give me your card number, expiration date, security code, and full name and address, and I'll see if it will work on my S7...
    (Just kidding)
    Could it be that for your particular bank, they only accept the credit card and not a debit card?
    Could it be an error in the list that says your bank is supported if the person you called says they have had no requests for Samsung Pay?
    Good luck, don't give up trying..
    06-16-2016 04:43 PM
    I think Almeuit has the right idea, even if don't intend to use it, try a different card with another bank just to see if it does register, that would let you know if its an issue specific to your bank or a broader problem
    06-16-2016 05:01 PM
    My bank says it's fully supported.. They said they have 10's of thousands of people using Samsung Pay, which makes sense to me..

I have two different credit cards but they are not supported as they are from small banks / credit unions..

I gave up. Another call to Samsung Pay, a trip to a Samgung store and another one hour long call to my bank resulted in the same ol, same ol error..

This thread can be closed as I have deleted it and surrender..
    06-16-2016 07:22 PM
    Used Samsung Pay for the first time at Sportclips. Worked like a charm. Hope to use it often.
    06-17-2016 10:13 AM

This thread can be closed as I have deleted it and surrender..
    Maybe now that you've deleted try reinstalling? could do the trick if somehow the initial install was bad?
    06-17-2016 11:31 AM
    Maybe now that you've deleted try reinstalling? could do the trick if somehow the initial install was bad?
    The phone was reset 3 times in the Samsung store and the software reinstalled 2 times...

Samsung is clueless, my bank is clueless and they both just keep passing the blame onto the other..

Like I said, the thread can be closed as there is nothing left to try or do.. Samsung blames my bank and my bank says it's a Samsung issue...

/end thread...
    06-17-2016 11:52 AM
    Used Samsung Pay for the first time at Sportclips. Worked like a charm. Hope to use it often.
    How is that even remotely relevant to this thread?

You and millions of others can use it, I cant...
    06-17-2016 11:54 AM
    I have never done it but maybe after you uninstall it try to boot in safe mode and clear the cashe partition (you can search the forums to see instructions.) Then reinstall it and try it, maybe something in there just isn't getting removed in normal methods
    06-17-2016 12:00 PM
    Been there done that should have bought a t-shirt..

Can a moderator close this thread? Thanks..
    06-17-2016 12:09 PM