Linking S7 to Macbook Pro

Madmumatuk

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I've gotten a Samsung for the first time recently and the only thing I'm struggling with is linking the phone to my laptop, which happens to be a Macbook. (I'm slowly moving over from Apple and simply can't afford a laptop at this point in time.)

I've tried to find a way to transfer files between the two, and I used SmartSwitch to send over contacts and calendar information when I set up. However I want to be able to move photos from my phone to my laptop and to add a ringtone file to my phone. I downloaded Kies, but it doesn't seem to work for the S7. I also tried SmartFinder, but my phone isn't compatible.

Are there any other options?

Also, are there any podcast apps that automatically download your subscriptions. I have Cast Box at the moment but I have to manually click on each episode I want to listen to when I'm on wifi.
Thank
s,
Madmumatuk

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
On a Windows laptop, plugging in an Android phone makes it appear as a media device under My Computer and you can just copy and paste files to it just like a flash drive. Does this not happen on Macs?

Madmumatuk

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
Okay. Great. I think I thought smart switch was only phone to phone. I've just searched and found the desktop app. I'll try it. Sorry. I'm not always so dumb!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781