Why are my selfie pictures are all in negative exposure mode?

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
If it happens that often... Play with the settings... Beauty mode, etc. See if anything changes. That you can do it at will is a GOOD thing as it gives you a chance to see if you can work around it.

cbprod

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
If it happens that often... Play with the settings... Beauty mode, etc. See if anything changes. That you can do it at will is a GOOD thing as it gives you a chance to see if you can work around it.

beauty mode only shows up for the rear camera

MarieRueda

Dec 9, 2016
Visit site
this happened to me recently and had been hesitant to do the last update but since I had nothing to loose, I went ahead and updated my phone with the latest update and it fixed the problem.

Nitro_junkie

Jan 12, 2017
Visit site
Hi, I would just like to say that it is January of 2017 and my Samsung Galaxy S7 just took a selfie then changed it to a negative exposure. I played with the settings nothing changed and I realize restarting my phone fixes it but it is kind of sad to see this hasn't been fixed permanently yet.

Synner6661

Jan 31, 2017
Visit site
I have a samsung s7 and have not had problems taking selfies in selfie mode until yesterday night at a wedding. When I capture the selfie image, it was clear and bright and even the little icon of the pictures looked like what I wanted. However, when I touched to view it it looked like I had taken that pictures in a negative exposure mode. The nonselfie mode pictures are normal at night and day and the selfie mode for video recording is still normal.

I've been testing settings and looking for responses and checked the accessibility, then vision, and negative effect and it is still Off. My screen protector is not covering the lenses as well. I have no clue as to as to what could have happen.

Please help! Thank you for any input!!!

Mine is still doing this... SOS what do I do

Tried all the previous ideas nothings working

Last edited by a moderator:

meggle

May 14, 2015
Visit site
I JUST started having this problem about an hour ago. Any picture taken in "selfie" mode saves in the "negative exposure" look of dark reds, even if the thumbnail preview in the bottom corner looks correct. Pictures taken in "wide selfie" mode or "virtual shot" mode come out CORRECTLY. Also, pictures taken with the front camera in another picture app, like Instagram, come out NORMALLY. It's definitely not a camera issue, it's some sort of software/setting/processing issue. I have checked and re-checked all my settings and tried playing around with anything that might even remotely affect this, with no luck. I've also rebooted my phone twice and it's still not fixed.

Any suggestions? I seem to be the only one for whom rebooting didn't fix the issue.
Thanks.

Android version 6.0.1
Last software update 1/22/17

cellstuff

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Same trouble here. i've tried everything! Really disappointing as I went on vacation this past weekend and all my selfies came out blank or black, or negative.

Monica K

Jul 22, 2017
Visit site
Realized after the queen concert last night that all of my selfie pictures with my husbsnd came out dark and had a negative look to them. Took advice given on this site to restart phone and it worked. Feeling kinda stupid that I didn't just do that on my own since it does solve alot of problems some times. Thank you! I am just super disappointed that all those pictures are destroyed and no good! :0(

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
FYI... This is a bug in the processing software that Samsung has not, nor probably ever will, fix. The image left behind is really parts of the main image that they've processed and would otherwise be merged back into the original...

A reboot is the only way to clear.

Dizzy Britches

Aug 29, 2017
Visit site
My husband has an S5 but just recently he has been plagued by the same thing. I was able to fix individual photos by turning off the 'negative effect' (editing the photo through the camera), but that really is not a good solution if you have to do it for every photo.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
That would be a different issue. These only appear to be negative images. They are really just wisps of the original image and 99% of the information is lost permanently.

user135762

Sep 1, 2018
Visit site
shut off your phone by holding down the power button. that will restart it. leave off for 30 seconds and then turn ur phone on. it should work :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12