Nagging S7 issues - brightness, touchtones, fpr! What can I do?

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Nagging S7 issues - brightness, touchtones, fpr

Have had the S7 on verizon for a couple months and still have some nagging issues that haven't been solved with any updates. Is anyone else seeing this?

1. Auto brightness doesn't always work. If it's darker out, then I drive into a bright area back to a dark area, the brightness goes bright but doesn't go back down when i'm in the dark again.

2. Dialing too fast into conference lines - webex, joinme, if I type the conference id and pw too quickly, the conference bridge only sees about half the numbers i hit. I have to hit the numbers slowly for them all to go through.

3. Fingerprint reader is maddening. The slightest oils, greases, smudges, anything, and it just doesn't work.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Nagging S7 issues - brightness, touchtones, fpr

Have had the S7 on verizon for a couple months and still have some nagging issues that haven't been solved with any updates. Is anyone else seeing this?

1. Auto brightness doesn't always work. If it's darker out, then I drive into a bright area back to a dark area, the brightness goes bright but doesn't go back down when i'm in the dark again.

2. Dialing too fast into conference lines - webex, joinme, if I type the conference id and pw too quickly, the conference bridge only sees about half the numbers i hit. I have to hit the numbers slowly for them all to go through.

3. Fingerprint reader is maddening. The slightest oils, greases, smudges, anything, and it just doesn't work.

Welcome to Android Central!

Have you tried doing a factory reset to see if that clears up some of the issues? Maybe after one of the updates pushed out something got messed up.