Opening messages and notifications from the lock screen

Cliff Hess1

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
I just traded in my Droid for the Galaxy S7. Nice phone but I can't figure out how to open notifications/messages from the lock screen. Used to be able to double click on any notification on the screen on my Droid. Can't do that anymore as far as I can see.

Nubz079

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
You can check out samsung good lock. I have 15 apps on the lock screen that are easily accessed. When it first came out I didn't like it. It is now more customizable, being able to change the colors of it, I am pleased with it currently.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I just traded in my Droid for the Galaxy S7. Nice phone but I can't figure out how to open notifications/messages from the lock screen. Used to be able to double click on any notification on the screen on my Droid. Can't do that anymore as far as I can see.
I have fingerprint lock on. What happens is I press the notification, then with it highlighted, I unlock using fingerprint and it opens straight to the app with the notification.

Cliff Hess1

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
Solved. I was using google messenger app. Will not work as I want it to on the Galaxy 7. Changed to the stock message plus app and it works fine.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Still weird. I'm using Google Messenger and I don't have your issue. Are you on the latest update (June Security patch with 300mb update size).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463